Compare Top Diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Baking and Pastry Arts universities in Malaysia and use our Diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 4 colleges and universities offering 4 Diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts Courses.
FAQs about Studying Diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts in Malaysia
Baking and pastry arts involves the professional preparation of pastries, cakes and other baked goods.
This is a specialisation under the field of culinary arts and requires you to not only be technically skilled but also possess artistic finesse in order to produce both delicious and exquisite baked goods.
From gaining in-depth theoretical knowledge of the principles of baking to learning the practical skills needed to make complex confectioneries, a Diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts will teach you everything you need to know to become a successful baker or pastry chef.
A Diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts requires at least 3 credits (C and above) at SPM, O-Level or equivalent.
To pursue a Diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts, you need to have a SPM qualification or equivalent. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the college or university.
A Diploma in Baking and Pastry can take 6 months to 2.5 years long.
Upon completing a Diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue a degree in the relevant fields (e.g. culinary management)
Once you complete a Diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts, you can consider the following job options:
- Pastry Chef
- Cake Decorator
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right college or university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the college or university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond college / university?
For more points to ponder, check out these 5 steps to finding the best college for you.
Not sure if studying a Diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts is right for you? Here are some articles that may help: