Compare Top Pharmacy Degree Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Pharmacy universities in Malaysia and use our Pharmacy Degree course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location, intake and specialisation.
There are 11 colleges and universities offering 11 Pharmacy Degree Courses.
FAQs about Studying a Pharmacy Degree in Malaysia
Pharmacy is the study of drugs and medicinal substances, and optimising their application for desired health benefits.
The field of Pharmacy is important as it helps determine the accurate drug composition and consumption dosage to ensure that the medication is safe and effective. This field is of great significance to the healthcare industry as a whole.
A Degree in Pharmacy will let you gain a strong foundation to prepare you for a professional career as a Pharmacist. It will provide you with sound knowledge on how the human body reacts to various drugs, allowing you to advise patients and dispense the right medical dosage.
To pursue a Degree in Pharmacy, the typical entry requirements are:
- A-Level: Minimum BBB, ABC or AAC in Biology, Chemistry and Physics / Maths, with a minimum of B in Chemistry; or
- STPM: Minimum CGPA of 3.0 including B in Chemistry; or
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum of ATAR 80 or average of 80% in Biology, Chemistry and Physics / Maths; or
- Foundation in Science: Minimum CGPA of 3.0 with a minimum of B in Chemistry
You will usually also need to have at least 5Bs in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths / Add Maths and one additional subject at SPM, O-Level or equivalent, as well as a C in English.
That said, the entry requirements may vary depending on the university, so be sure to do your research!
To pursue a Degree in Pharmacy, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent and a Pre-U qualification. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the university.
A Degree in Pharmacy is usually 4 years long.
Upon completing a Degree in Pharmacy, you will usually go through a one-year training followed by one year compulsory service at a training premise that’s recognised by the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia. You will also need to pursue the Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination.
Once you’ve completed the necessary training and examination, you will be a Fully Registered Pharmacist.
The standard path upon completion of your Degree in Pharmacy is to be a pharmacist.
Various employment opportunities awaits a Pharmacy graduate such as:
- Government Hospitals
- Retail Pharmacy Chains
- Community Health Centres
- Medical Colleges and Universities
- Veterinary Clinics
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Degree in Pharmacy accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Is the institution’s Pharmacy Degree recognised by the Malaysian Pharmacy Board?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
Not sure if Pharmacy is the right path for you? Here are some articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to an Pharmacy Course in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
You can also explore our list of course guides to see if other degrees speak louder to you.
Not sure if you should study Diploma, A-Level, Foundation in Science, or some other Pre-University course to get to a Degree in Pharmacy? Take our Course Recommender Quiz and get a recommendation in 3 minutes!