Compare Top Business Degree Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best universities that offer Business Degree courses in Malaysia and use our Business Degree course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 43 colleges and universities offering 313 Business Degree Courses.
FAQs about Studying a Business Degree in Malaysia
Business is a broad field that covers all elements of accountancy, economics, management, marketing and finance.
Business touches almost every part of our lives. Fundamentally, businesses play an important role in the society – creating jobs and wealth, while solving practical problems or needs.
A Business degree will teach you how different business fields and specialisations function collectively to ensure sustainability and growth of businesses. You will also learn how to lead, think and act strategically (in a business context!).
To pursue a Degree in Business, the typical entry requirements are:
- A-Level: Minimum 2Es; or
- STPM: Minimum 2Cs; or
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum of ATAR 50 with credit in Mathematics; or
- Foundation: Minimum CGPA of 2.0; or
- Relevant Diploma: Minimum CGPA of 2.0
You may also need to have a pass in English and Mathematics at SPM, O-Level or equivalent.
That said, the entry requirements may vary depending on the university, so be sure to do your research!
To pursue a Degree in Business, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent and a Pre-U qualification. Alternatively, you can also enter a Degree via a Diploma in Business. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the university.
A Degree in Business is usually 3 years long.
Upon completing a Degree in Business, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Enter the worforce and pursue professional qualifications, such as ACCA, ICAEW, CFA, etc.; or
- Pursue postgraduate studies in the relevant fields
Business graduates are open to plenty of job opportunities depending on the course specialisation (such as, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, etc).
Generally, upon completion of a Degree in Business, you can consider the following job options:
- Business Analyst
- Business Development Executive
- Social Media / Marketing Executive
- Administrative Executive
- Research Analyst
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Business course accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Does the institution’s Business Degree give you any practical platforms to acquire extra business knowledge and build professional networks, such business competitions, conferences and workshops?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
Can’t decide if you should study Business, or not sure what specific area of Business is suitable for you? Here are some articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to an Business Course in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)