Compare Top Accounting Degree Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best accounting universities in Malaysia and use our accounting degree course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location, intake and specialisation.
There are 38 colleges and universities offering 74 Accounting Degree Courses.
FAQs about Studying a Degree in Accounting in Malaysia
Accounting is a systematic process of maintaining financial accounts.
The field of accounting is important because businesses need to have a financial record of how much they make (revenue) and how much they spend (cost and expense). This allows businesses to understand the current health of the company, and make solid decisions about what to do next.
A Degree in Accounting will teach you the essentials of accounting. You will learn how to record financial transactions, store, sort, retrieve, summarise and present financial information in reports and analyses.
To pursue a Degree in Accounting, the typical entry requirements are:
- A-Level: Minimum 2Es with credit in Mathematics; or
- STPM: Minimum 2C+ with credit in Mathematics; or
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum of ATAR 55 with credit in Mathematics; or
- Foundation: Minimum CGPA of 2.5 with credit in Mathematics; or
- Relevant Diploma: Minimum CGPA of 2.5 with credit in Mathematics
You also need to have a pass in English at SPM, O-Level or equivalent.
That said, the entry requirements may vary depending on the university, so be sure to do your research!
To pursue a Degree in Accounting, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent and a Pre-U qualification. Alternatively, you can also enter a Degree via a Diploma in Accounting. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the university.
A Degree in Accounting is usually 3 years long.
Upon completing a Degree in Accounting, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue your professional studies and examinations (e.g. ACCA, ICAEW); or
- Work and sit for your professional examinations at the same time; or
- Pursue postgraduate studies in the relevant fields
Once you complete a Degree in Accounting, you can consider the following job options:
- Bank Executive
- Finance Executive
- Tax Executive
- Accounting Analyst
- Accounts Executive
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Accounting course accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Some institutions’ Accounting Degrees offer professional paper exemptions. Does the institution offer such exemptions?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
If you’re not sure if studying a Degree in Accounting is right for you, here are some articles that may help:
- Your Guide to an Accounting Course in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
You can also explore our list of course guides to see if other degrees speak louder to you.
If you are an SPM leaver and you’re deciding which Pre-University or Foundation course to study, check out our comprehensive pre-university course guides. Alternatively, take our Course Recommender Quiz and get suggestions on which pre-university course you should take!