Compare Top Psychology Degree Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Psychology universities in Malaysia and use our Psychology Degree course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 22 colleges and universities offering 31 Psychology Degree Courses.
FAQs about Studying a Psychology Degree in Malaysia
Psychology is the study of the human mind and behaviour.
Apart from being able to provide therapy and counselling, having knowledge in psychology will allow better development of training and learning materials. This is important for corporations to better understand the needs of their employees and to provide better training workshops to upskill them.
A Degree in Psychology will let you gain deeper insights into the workings of the human mind. You will understand more about what people think, feel and behave. A Psychology Degree will also lay a strong foundation for you to pursue your postgraduate (specialisation) studies in order to practise as a certified psychologist.
To pursue a Degree in Psychology, the typical entry requirements are:
- A-Level: Minimum 2Es; or
- STPM: Minimum 2Cs; or
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum of ATAR 60; or
- Foundation: Minimum CGPA of 2.0; or
- Relevant Diploma: Minimum CGPA of 2.0
You also need to have a minimum of C in Mathematics and a Science subject, including a pass in English at SPM, O-Level or equivalent.
That said, the entry requirements may vary depending on the university, so be sure to do your research!
To pursue a Degree in Psychology, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent and a Pre-U qualification. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the university.
A Degree in Psychology is usually 3 years long.
Upon completing a Degree in Psychology, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Work and pursue your postgraduate studies at the same time; or
- Pursue postgraduate studies in a relevant field
Note that a Degree in Psychology does not mean that you are a psychologist!
In order to be deemed a psychologist, you will need to have at least a Masters in a specialised field of Psychology, such as neuropsychology, clinical psychology and counselling.
Once you complete a Degree in Psychology, you can consider the following job options:
- Human Resource Executive
- Talent Management Consultant
- Advertising Executive
- Sales & Marketing Executive
- Corporate Training Executive
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Degree in Psychology accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Does the institution offer multiple specialisation options for postgraduaate studies after your Degree in Psychology?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
If you’re not sure if studying a Degree in Psychology is right for you, here are some articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to a Psychology Course in Malaysia
- So You Wanna Be a Psychologist? 10 Major Branches of Psychology That You Should Know
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
Want to explore other courses? Check out our comprehensive Course Guides.