Compare Top Australian Matriculation Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Australian Matriculation colleges in Malaysia and use our Australian Matriculation course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 5 colleges and universities offering 9 Australian Matriculation Courses.
FAQs about Studying Australian Matriculation in Malaysia
Australian Matriculation is an Australian-based qualification that is offered to students before entering university. It is considered a Year 12 qualification, which is equivalent to STPM or Malaysian Matriculation (Matrikulasi).
In Malaysia, colleges mainly offer two types of Australian Matriculation:
- SACE International or South Australian Matriculation (SAM)
- Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE), or sometimes known as AUSMAT
Both SACE International and WACE are coursework-based, where your final grades will be based on a mix of coursework and examination. Most students typically take 5 subjects, including English.
This course is recommended for those who prefer doing assignments and class tests throughout the year, as opposed to having only one examination at the end of your course.
Australian Matriculation courses in Malaysia require at least 5 credits (C and above) at SPM, O-Level or equivalent.
However, if you want to take certain Science and Math subjects, such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Specialist Mathematics, you will need to fulfil subject pre-requisites. What this means is that you need to have studied and achieved the minimum required grades for the relevant subjects at SPM level in order to take these subjects for your Australian Matriculation.
To study Australian Matriculation, you will need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent.
Australian Matriculation courses in Malaysia are usually 10 to 12 months long, although some students take a 15-month course.
After completing your Australian Matriculation, you can proceed to pursue your degree at a university, either overseas or locally.
Here are some of the top advantages of studying Australian Matriculation:
- Widely recognised by many universities abroad, as well as local private universities
- Continuous assessment & independent learning approach will prepare you well for a degree in Australia
- Flexibility to choose subjects from different streams (Arts and Science)
- Progressive accumulation of marks throughout the course, which can be less stressful for some students
Not sure if Australian Matriculation is the right course for you? Check out some of these relevant articles:
- Your Guide to Australian Matriculation in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying For College
- What’s After SPM: Are You Choosing The Right Course (Infographic)
Alternatively, you can also try out our Course Recommender to see which pre-university course is most suitable for you!