Compare Top Computer Science Degree Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Computer Science universities in Malaysia and use our Computer Science Degree course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location, intake and specialisation.
There are 38 colleges and universities offering 155 Computer Science Degree Courses.
FAQs about Studying a Computer Science Degree in Malaysia
Computer Science is a study of scientific and practical workings of computers and computational systems.
The Computer Science field has become a necessity in today’s world, with many daily functions revolving around the use of computer applications and computing technology. It has brought exponential benefits to various industries such as education, creative and media, and even transportation.
A Computer Science degree will teach you how to design, develop, integrate and maintain various types of computer systems and applications, as well as creating sustainable and effective solutions to diverse computing problems.
To pursue a Degree in Computer Science, the typical entry requirements are:
- A-Level: Minimum 2Es including Mathematics; or
- STPM: Minimum 2Cs including Mathematics; or
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum of ATAR 50 with credit in Mathematics; or
- Foundation: Minimum CGPA of 2.0 with credit in Mathematics; or
- Relevant Diploma: Minimum CGPA of 2.5
You may also need to have a credit (C and above) in Additional Mathematics at SPM, O-Level or equivalent.
That said, the entry requirements may vary depending on the university, so be sure to do your research!
To pursue a Degree in Computer Science, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent and a Pre-U qualification. Alternatively, you can also enter a Degree via a Diploma in Computer Science. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the university.
A Degree in Computer Science is usually 3 years long.
Upon completing a Degree in Computer Science, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Start your own technology startup; or
- Pursue postgraduate studies in the relevant fields
Once you complete a Degree in Computer Science, you can consider the following job options:
- Mobile App Developer
- Support Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Game Developer
- Software Developer
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Computer Science Degree accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Does the institution’s Degree in Computer Science give you the options to pursue industry certifications as electives, such as Malaysian Software Testing Board (MSTB), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Oracle Database SQL Expert exams?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
Can’t decide if Computer Science is the right choice for you? Here are some relevant articles to help you:
- Your Guide to a Computer Science Course in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)