Compare Top Hospitality and Tourism Degree Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best universities that offer Hospitality and Tourism Degree courses in Malaysia and use our Hospitality and Tourism Degree course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 16 colleges and universities offering 31 Hospitality and Tourism Degree Courses.
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Jan, May, Sep
BERJAYA University College
Kuala Lumpur Campus, Kuala Lumpur
Jan, Feb, May, Sep
UOW Malaysia KDU Penang University College
George Town, Pulau Pinang
Jan, May, Sep, Oct
Damansara Heights, Kuala Lumpur
Jan, Feb, May, Aug, Oct
Subang Jaya, Selangor
Jan, Mar, Sep
Top #284 and 1% in the world
Tunku Abdul Rahman University of Management and Technology (TAR UMT)
SETARA 5-Star University
FAQs about Studying a Hospitality & Tourism Degree in Malaysia
Hospitality & Tourism relates to the art of delivering good customer service and experience in the travel and food & beverage industry.
The Hospitality & Tourism industry involves many disciplines such as food management, event management, accommodation & hospitality management and tour & travel management. The Hospitality & Tourism sector plays a very important role in the country as it is recognised to be one of the main key drivers of our national economy.
A Degree in Hospitality & Tourism will give you the right and appropriate exposure to get a good head start in building a career in the Hospitality & Tourism industry.
To pursue a Degree in Hospitality & Tourism, the typical entry requirements are:
- A-Level: Minimum 2Es; or
- STPM: Minimum 2Cs; or
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum of ATAR 50; or
- Foundation: Minimum CGPA of 2.0; or
- Relevant Diploma: Minimum CGPA of 2.0
That said, the entry requirements may vary depending on the university, so be sure to do your research!
To pursue a Degree in Hospitality & Tourism, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent and a Pre-U qualification. Alternatively, you can also enter a Degree via a Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the university.
A Degree in Hospitality & Tourism is usually 3 years long.
Upon completing a Degree in Hospitality & Tourism, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue postgraduate studies in the relevant fields
Once you complete a Degree in Hospitality & Tourism, you can consider the following job options:
- Event Executive
- Guest Service Executive
- Food Service Executive
- Hotel Operation Executive
- F&B Executive
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Hospitality & Tourism course accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Some institutions have good ties with renowned hotels and restaurants, or their own in-house culinary suite and hospitality services. Does the institution offering you a Hospitality & Tourism Degree have these?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
If you’re not sure if studying a Degree in Hospitality & Tourism is right for you, here are some articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to an Hospitality & Tourism Course in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
You can also explore our list of course guides to see if other degrees speak louder to you.
Not sure if you should study Degree in Hospitality & Tourism? Take our Hospitality & Tourism Quiz and find out if it’s a good fit for you in 3 minutes!