Compare Top Diploma in Culinary Arts Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Culinary Arts universities in Malaysia and use our Diploma in Culinary Arts course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location, intake and specialisation.
There are 16 colleges and universities offering 22 Diploma in Culinary Arts Courses.
Saito University College
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Diploma in Pastry Arts
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Subang Jaya, Selangor
Diploma in Culinary Arts
Top #284 and 1% in the world
Culinary Arts is, at its most basic form, the art of cooking.
This field is not just about cooking, but also about the craft and design of creating dishes that leave a lasting impression. It is the art of preparing food that engages multiple senses and does more than just filling an empty stomach.
A Diploma in Culinary Arts will teach you the essentials of crafting beautiful dishes of food. You will learn how to prepare various types of cuisine, food and beverages, as well as learn how to operate a kitchen.
A Diploma in Culinary Arts requires at least 3 credits (C and above) at SPM, O-Level or equivalent.
For UEC students, you will need to have minimum of 3Bs.
To pursue a Diploma in Culinary Arts, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the college or university.
A Diploma in Culinary Arts is typically 2 to 2.5 years long.
Upon completing a Diploma in Culinary Arts, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue a Degree in Culinary Arts, entering in Year 2
Once you complete a Diploma in Culinary Arts, you can consider the following job options:
- Commis Chef
- Pastry Chef
- Station Chef / Chef de Partie
Alternatively, you can also consider continuing your education by pursuing a Degree in Culinary Arts.
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right college or university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Diploma in Culinary Arts accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the college or university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond college / university?
For more points to ponder, check out these 5 steps to finding the best college for you.
Not sure if studying a Diploma in Culinary Arts is right for you? Here are some articles that may help:
- Your Guide to Studying Culinary Arts in Malaysia
- So You Wanna Be a Chef? Here’s What Anna Olson Has to Say
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
Not sure if you should study Diploma, A-Level, Foundation in Science, or some other Pre-University course? Take our Course Recommender Quiz and get a recommendation in 3 minutes!