Compare Top Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Courses in Malaysia
There are 20 colleges and universities offering 30 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Courses.
Saito University College
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
BERJAYA University College
Kuala Lumpur Campus, Kuala Lumpur
Jan, May, Sep
SEGi College Kota Damansara
Kota Damansara, Selangor
Jan, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
FAQs about Studying Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism in Malaysia
Hospitality & Tourism is the art of delivering excellent customer service to guests in sectors such as travel, accommodation and food & beverage.
The industry of hospitality and tourism is an industry that is all around us. Every restaurant that you frequent, every event that you attend, every accommodation that you spend the night at, big or small – there are people who specialise and practise the principles of hospitality and tourism.
A Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism will teach you the essentials of hospitality and tourism. You will learn how to plan, organise and manage the service and operations of the hospitality industry, covering accommodation, travel and food & beverage.
A Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism requires at least 3 credits (C and above) at SPM, O-Level or equivalent.
For UEC students, you will need to have minimum of 3Bs.
To pursue a Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the college or university.
A Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism is typically 2 years long.
Upon completing a Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue a Degree in Hospitality & Tourism, entering in Year 2
Once you complete a Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism, you can consider the following job options:
- Front Office Executive
- Event Planner
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Tourism Bureau Executive
Alternatively, you can also consider continuing your education by pursuing a Degree in Hospitality & Tourism.
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right college or university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the college or university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond college / university?
For more points to ponder, check out these 5 steps to finding the best college for you.
If you’re not sure whether a Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism is right for you, here are some articles that may help:
- Your Guide to Studying Hospitality & Tourism in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
Not sure if you should study Hospitality & Tourism? Take our “Is Hospitality & Tourism a Good Fit for You?” Quiz and find out in 3 minutes!