Compare Top Quantity Surveying Degree Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Quantity Surveying universities in Malaysia and use our Quantity Surveying Degree course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location, intake and specialisation.
There are 11 colleges and universities offering 11 Quantity Surveying Degree Courses.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia (HWUM)
Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur (IUKL)
Mar, Jun, Oct
INTI International University
Nilai, Negeri Sembilan
Bachelor of Science (Hons) Quantity Surveying
Jan, May, Aug, Oct
FAQs about Studying a Quantity Surveying Degree in Malaysia
Quantity Surveying relates to estimating and managing the costs of building and construction projects.
The field is crucial towards the success of many property development projects, as it ensures that the cost of materials and resources are estimated and monitored appropriately.
A Degree in Quantity Surveying will provide you with the necessary knowledge and foundation in the economics, laws, technology and management concepts that’s critical to the construction industry. Studying a Degree in Quantity Surveying will also pave the way for you to pursue a professional career as a registered quantity surveyor.
To pursue a Degree in Quantity Surveying, the typical entry requirements are:
- A-Level: Minimum 2Ds; or
- STPM: Minimum 2Cs; or
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum of ATAR 70.0; or
- Canadian Pre-University: Average of 65% in 6 subjects including Mathematics; or
- Diploma: Minimum CGPA of 2.50; or
- Foundation in Arts or Built Environment: Minimum CGPA of 2.00
You also need to make sure that you have a credit in Mathematics and a pass in Malay, English plus one Science-related subject at SPM level.
That said, the entry requirements may vary depending on the university, so be sure to do your research!
To pursue a Degree in Quantity Surveying, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent and a Pre-U qualification. Alternatively, you can also enter a Degree via a Diploma in Quantity Surveying. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the university.
A Degree in Quantity Surveying is usually 3 – 4 years long.
To register as a quantity surveyor with the Board of Quantity Surveyors Malaysia (BQSM), you will need to:
- Be employed for at least 2 years under the supervision of a Registered Quantity Surveyor or a Royal Institution of Surveyors Malaysia (RISM) Member / Fellow; and
- Pass a Joint Test of Professional Competence (JTPC); and
- Pass a professional interview
Fulfilling these requirements will allow you to be a fully fledged Quantity Surveyor in Malaysia. Subsequently, you can register with the Royal Institution of Surveyors Malaysia (RISM) to append a prestigious “Sr” title to your name.
Once you complete a Degree in Quantity Surveying, you can consider the following job options:
- Building Surveyor
- Building Material Manager
- Construction Executive
- Contract Executive
- Cost Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Quantity Surveyor
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Quantity Surveying course accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Is the institution’s Quantity Surveying Degree recognised by the Board of Quantity Surveyors Malaysia (BQSM)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
Not sure if studying a Degree in Quantity Surveying is suitable for you? Check out some of these relevant articles:
- Your Guide to a Quantity Surveying Course in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
Not sure if you should study Diploma, A-Level, Foundation in Science, or some other Pre-University course to get to a Degree in Quantity Surveying? Take our Course Recommender Quiz and get personalised recommendations!