- Ranked 2nd in the world for Pharmacy and Pharmacology (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023)
- Undergo the same robust, current and evolving curriculum offered at the Monash Parkville campus in Australia
- Accredited by the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia (PBM), and also the Australian Pharmacy Council as an international programme
- A member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight (Go8) and the first foreign university campus in Malaysia
You'll cover six fundamental themes in this course:
A. Structure and function of the body (how the body works) These studies will provide you with the foundational understanding and knowledge of the human body, including studies of anatomy, physiology and biochemistry relevant to pharmacists.
B. Drug structure, disposition, and action (how medicines work) You'll learn the important aspects for a molecule to become a medicine, and how medicines produce their effects. This will include studies of medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, pharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics.
C. Professional practice (what pharmacists do) These studies will equip you with the sociocultural context in which the pharmacist and the client operate, social and health practice issues, ethical, legal context of pharmacy, and relevant professional and social values necessary for practice.
D. Comprehensive care Through these studies, you'll acquire knowledge about diseases and disorders and their management. You'll understand the relationship between pathophysiology and the design and use of drugs in treating various health conditions.
E. Inquiry and innovation These studies will build upon problem-solving and innovative thinking skills developed in previous units. You'll apply these skills to conduct a project and explore innovative solutions in a laboratory, clinical, social or business environment.
F. Professional experience You'll participate in work-based training and experiential programs in a variety of settings to develop and give context for your skill development.
- Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY)*: 75%
- A Level GCE: 12 points
- ATAR: 88 (Applicable to 2023 intakes only)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB Diploma Program): 33
- STPM, Malaysia: 9.7 points
- UEC, Malaysia: <=2.6
- Program Matrikulasi (Matriculation Program), Malaysia: 3.33 points
- Foundation in Science and Technology, Sunway College: 80%
The undergraduate entry requirements published are for students who commence the MUFY program in 2022. In addition to Monash University's entry requirements, ALL students applying for the Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) MUST fulfil the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia's requirements:
- A Total MUFY score of 80% and the subjects enrolled in MUFY must include Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics/Physics
- A minimum grade B (equivalent to 70%) in Chemistry
- Chemistry and Mathematics (Australian Higher Year 12 equivalent) is Monash University's formal prerequisite.
You must also meet the minimum entry requirements set by the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia:
- A biology subject with a minimum score/grade as required by the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia
- Malaysian applicants must obtain at least a C grade in Bahasa Melayu (Malay Language) and English in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent before enrolling into the course.
- To pass an aptitude test conducted by the University and achieve a minimum score of 70%
Inherent requirements are embedded in your course and unit learning outcomes and form part of your unit's assessment regime. It's essential that you can demonstrate core behaviours, activities, tasks, skills and attributes during learning activities, including professional industry-based experiences.
Application fees (non-refundable)
Other miscellaneous fees
Discounts & scholarships
Total payable amount
You save RM400 when you apply with EduAdvisor!