Compare Top Diploma in Mass Communication Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Mass Communication universities in Malaysia and use our Diploma in Mass Communication course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 16 colleges and universities offering 27 Diploma in Mass Communication Courses.
FAQs about Studying a Diploma in Mass Communication in Malaysia
Mass Communication is about delivering messages to a large number of people. Its objective is to persuade and influence the behaviours and perceptions of people. This is particularly important to businesses to create a strong brand presence.
The academic study of mass communication will have you exploring areas such as advertising, journalism, broadcasting and journalism.
A Diploma in Mass Communication requires at least 3 credits (C and above) at SPM including English.
To pursue a Diploma in Mass Communication, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the college or university.
A Diploma in Mass Communication is typically 2 years long.
Upon completing a Diploma in Mass Communication, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue a Degree in Mass Communication, entering in Year 2
Once you complete a Diploma in Mass Communication, you can consider the following job options:
- Corporate Communications Executive
- Public Relations Executive
- Script Writer
- Production Assistant
- Branding Executive
- Media Planning Executive
- Social Media Executive
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right college or university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Diploma in Mass Communication accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Does the institution provide enough industry training to make you more employable once you graduate?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
If you’re not sure if studying for a Diploma in Mass Communication is right for you, here are some articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to a Mass Communication Course in Malaysia
- Are You Mass Communication Material? Here Are 5 Fields You Can Choose From
- 5 Misconceptions That Mass Communication Students Always Face
- 10 Types of Writing Jobs You Can Pursue
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
Alternatively, explore our list of course guides to see which speaks out to you.
If you are an SPM leaver and you’re deciding which Pre-University or Foundation course to study, check out our comprehensive pre-university course guides. Alternatively, take our Course Recommender Quiz and get suggestions on which pre-university course you should take!