Compare Top Nursing Degree Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Nursing universities in Malaysia and use our Nursing Degree course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 7 colleges and universities offering 8 Nursing Degree Courses.
FAQs about Studying a Degree in Nursing in Malaysia
Nursing is the profession that aids those who are unwell both mentally and physically.
Nurses are crucial in the healthcare professional sector. Their responsibilities include assessing the health of patients, administering medicine, treating wounds and nurturing the recovery of patients.
A Degree in Nursing will provide you with a thorough understanding of nursing theories as well as the medical practice needed for the career, allowing you to apply the acquired knowledge and skills in a professional healthcare setting.
For students who have completed SPM (or equivalent) and a pre-university or a foundation course, the minimum entry requirements that you need to have to enrol in a Degree in Nursing are:
- A-Level: Minimum 3Cs; or
- STPM:Minimum CGPA of 2.50; or
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum CGPA of 2.50; or
- Foundation in Science: Minimum CGPA of 3.00
In addition, you will need to have at least 5Cs in SPM, including Mathematics and a Science subject. You will also need to obtain at least Band 3 for MUET or Band 5.5 for IELTS.
A Degree in Nursing is usually 4 years long.
Upon completion of your SPM or equivalent qualification, you can either opt for a pre-university (STPM, A-Level, etc) or a Foundation in Science. Alternatively, you can also take up a Diploma in Nursing.
Following that, you can proceed to a Degree in Nursing.
You will need to register with the Nursing Board Malaysia before being able to practise as a registered nurse.
You can pursue a career at healthcare institutions such as hospitals and clinics or at social organisations, research facilities and academic institutions.
Some of the common careers you can pursue are:
- Staff nurse
- Nurse researcher
- Nurse risk manager
- Nurse informaticists
- Healthcare product specialist
Everyone has different preferences when it comes to choosing the right college or university. So, consider these questions when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Degree in Nursing accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and recognised by the Nursing Board Malaysia?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the college or university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond college / university?
- Does the curriculum sound relevant to meet the current healthcare industry’s needs?
For more points to ponder, check out these 5 steps to finding the best college for you.
Not sure if studying a Degree in Nursing is the right choice for you? Here are some articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to a Nursing Course in Malaysia
- 6 Common Misconceptions About Nurses That Need to Be Debunked
- You Are Wrong If You Think Doctors Are the Only Ones Working in the Hospital [Infographic]
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
You can also check out our comprehensive course guides to see if any other degrees will spark your interest.
If you are an SPM leaver and you’re still unsure of which pathway to take, check out our pre-university course guides. You can also take our Course Recommender Quiz and get suggestions on which pre-university course suits you best!