Compare Top Graphic Design Degree Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Graphic Design universities in Malaysia and use our Graphic Design Degree course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location, intake and specialisation.
There are 13 colleges and universities offering 13 Graphic Design Degree Courses.
Kota Damansara, Selangor
Jan, Jun, Aug
Saito University College
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Subang Jaya, Selangor
Jan, Mar, Sep
Top #284 and 1% in the world
Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
Sungai Long, Selangor
Jan, Jun, Oct
Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
Feb, Jul, Oct
FAQs about Studying a Graphic Design Degree in Malaysia
Graphic Design is the use of typography, illustrations, symbols and colours to create visual representations of ideas in order to capture the attention of targeted audience.
Graphic Design is found on everyday items like posters, advertisements, product packaging and many more. This dynamic and exciting field opens up opportunities in various industries where you’ll get to exercise your creativity and personality through the use of graphics.
A Degree in Graphic Design will equip you with the knowledge in design theory and idea generation. You will also learn the necessary IT and communication skills required in order to produce creative visuals that are of the industry’s standards.
To pursue a Degree in Graphic Design, the typical entry requirements are:
- A-Level: Minimum 2Es; or
- STPM: Minimum 2C; or
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum of ATAR 60; or
- Foundation: Minimum CGPA of 2.0; or
- Relevant Diploma: Minimum CGPA of 2.0
Universities may also conduct portfolio review and assessment to determine whether you’re fit for the course too. That said, the entry requirements can vary depending on the university, so be sure to do your research!
To pursue a Degree in Graphic Design, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent and a Pre-U qualification. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the university.
A Degree in Graphic Design is usually 3 – 3.5 years long.
Upon completing a Degree in Graphic Design, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue other relevant courses / fields that can add value to your knowledge in Graphic Design (e.g. web design, calligraphy, animation, etc)
Once you complete a Degree in Graphic Design, you can consider the following job options:
- Animation Character Designer
- Art Director
- Creative Director
- Editorial Designer
- Graphic Designer
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Graphic Design course accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
If you’re not sure if studying a Degree in Graphic Design is right for you, here are some articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to a Design Course in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
You can also check out our comprehensive course guides to see if any other degrees will spark your interest.
If you are an SPM leaver and you’re still unsure of which pathway to take, check out our pre-university course guides. You can also take our Course Recommender Quiz and get suggestions on which pre-university course suits you best!