Compare Top Diploma in Nursing Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Nursing universities in Malaysia and use our Diploma in Nursing course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location, intake and specialisation.
There are 9 colleges and universities offering 9 Diploma in Nursing Courses.
FAQs about Studying a Nursing Diploma in Malaysia
Nursing is a profession that involves caring for the sick.Nurses play an important role in a team of healthcare professionals and are in demand in Malaysia. There are many nursing disciplines, but their role includes assessing the health of patients, educating patients and their families about their illness and promoting preventive healthcare to the community.A Diploma in Nursing will equip you with a broad understanding of nursing theories along with the clinical practice needed for the profession, enabling you to apply the knowledge and skills gained in university in a professional healthcare setting.
To pursue a Diploma in Nursing, you will need at least 5 credits at SPM level, including Bahasa Melayu, Mathematics and any Science subject. You will also need a pass in English. That being said, entry requirements can differ depending on the university, so be sure to double check.
To pursue a Diploma in Nursing, you need to complete SPM or an equivalent qualification. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements set by respective colleges or universities.
A Diploma in Nursing is usually 3 years long.
Upon completing a Diploma in Nursing, you can register with the Nursing Board Malaysia as a Staff Nurse and start your career. You can choose to pursue a Degree in Nursing (Post-Registration) to enhance your skills and knowledge after accumulating 3 years of work experience.
Upon completing your Diploma in Nursing, you can work in hospitals, private clinics, NGOs or even schools.
Some of the career options include, but are not limited to:
- Staff nurse
- Hospice Nurse
- Emergency Room Nurse
- Nurse researcher
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Nursing course accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and recognised by the Nursing Board Malaysia?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
- Does the curriculum sound relevant to meet the current healthcare industry’s needs?
If you’re not sure if studying a Diploma in Nursing is right for you, here are some articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to a Nursing Course in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
You can also check out our comprehensive course guides to see if any other diplomas will spark your interest.
If you are an SPM leaver and you’re still unsure of which pathway to take, check out our pre-university course guides. You can also take our Course Recommender Quiz and get suggestions on which pre-university course suits you best!