Compare Top Diploma in Computer Science Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best colleges that offer Diploma in Computer Science courses in Malaysia and use our Diploma in Computer Science course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 28 colleges and universities offering 50 Diploma in Computer Science Courses.
FAQs about Studying Diploma in Computer Science & IT in Malaysia
Computer Science is the study of computers and computational systems. Closely related to Computer Science is Information Technology, which focuses on the application of computing technology.
The field of computer science is important because computing technology has become a vital component of our global society. Without computers, our world today would look completely different, from how we live and communicate to how we work and travel.
A Diploma in Computer Science will teach you the essentials of computer science. You will learn how to secure devices and networks, design software and configure network systems.
A Diploma in Computer Science requires at least 3 credits (C and above) at SPM, O-Level or equivalent, including a credit in Mathematics or Additional Mathematics.
For UEC students, you will need to have minimum of 3Bs including Mathematics.
To pursue a Diploma in Computer Science, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the college or university.
A Diploma in Computer Science is typically 2 years long.
Upon completing a Diploma in Computer Science, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue a Degree in Computer Science, entering in Year 2; or
- Pursue one of many professional computing qualifications, such as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Once you complete a Diploma in Computer Science, you can consider the following job options:
- Software Engineer / Software Architect
- Research Analyst
- Systems Designer
- IT Analyst
Alternatively, you can also consider continuing your education by pursuing a Degree in Computer Science, or a professional computing qualification.
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right college or university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Diploma in Computer Science accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the college or university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond college / university?
For more points to ponder, check out these 5 steps to finding the best college for you.
If you’re not sure whether studying a Diploma in Computer Science is right for you, here are some articles that may help:
- Your Guide to Studying Computer Science in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)