Compare Top Early Childhood Education Degree Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best universities that offer Early Childhood Education Degree courses in Malaysia and use our Early Childhood Education Degree course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 14 colleges and universities offering 22 Early Childhood Education Degree Courses.
FAQs about Studying an Early Childhood Education Degree in Malaysia
Early Childhood Educationinvolves teaching infants, toddlers and young children.
The field of Early Childhood Education plays a pivotal role in developing a child’s cognitive and learning skills, motor skills and social-emotional growth. Its significance and importance can be seen from the Malaysian government’s initiative to make it compulsory for preschool and kindergarten teachers to possess at least a Diploma in Early Childhood Education.
A Degree in Early Childhood Education will equip you with the necessary knowledge, expertise and practical skills to provide the ultimate education and care for young children.
To pursue a Degree in Early Childhood Education, the typical entry requirements are:
- A-Level: Minimum 2Es; or
- STPM: Minimum 2Cs; or
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum of ATAR 50; or
- Foundation: Minimum CGPA of 2.0; or
- Relevant Diploma: Minimum CGPA of 2.0
You also need to have a good command in English.
That said, the entry requirements may vary depending on the university, so be sure to do your research!
To pursue a Degree in Early Childhood Education, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent and a Pre-U qualification. Alternatively, you can also enter a Degree via a Diploma in Early Childhood Education. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the university.
A Degree in Early Childhood Education is usually 3 years long.
Upon completing a Degree in Early Childhood Education, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue postgraduate studies in the relevant fields
Once you complete a Degree in Early Childhood Education, you can consider the following job options:
- Private / International School Teacher
- Curriculum Developer
- Nursery Owner
- Education Policymaker
- Educational Toy Consultant
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Degree in Early Childhood Education accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
If you’re not sure if studying a Degree in Early Childhood Education is right for you, here are some articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to an Early Childhood Education Course in Malaysia
- The Ultimate Guide to Early Childhood Education [Infographic]
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
Not sure if you should study Diploma, A-Level, Foundation in Science, or some other Pre-University course to get to a Degree in Early Childhood Education? Take our Course Recommender Quiz and get a recommendation in 3 minutes!