Compare Top Diploma in Psychology Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Diploma in Psychology universities in Malaysia and use our Diploma in Psychology course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location, intake and specialisation.
There are 6 colleges and universities offering 8 Diploma in Psychology Courses.
FAQs about Studying Diploma in Psychology in Malaysia
Psychology is the study of the human mind and how it affects behaviour. It is used to understand thoughts, emotions and actions of individuals.
The psychology field is important to understand the role of mental functions in individual and social behaviour while also exploring mental processes such as perception, cognition, intelligence and personality. Contrary to popular belief, psychology is not only used to diagnose mental issues in patients. It can also be applied to other areas such as education, marketing and design including interior decoration, creating advertisements and product placement in stores.
A Diploma in Psychology will teach you the essentials of psychology, where you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the principles of the human mind. By the end of the diploma, you should know how to apply these principles when aiding an individual or business.
To pursue a Diploma in Psychology, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the college or university.
A Diploma in Psychology requires a minimum of 3 credits in any subject at SPM or equivalent, including a pass in Mathematics and Science.
A Diploma in Psychology is typically 2 – 2.5 years long.
Upon completion of the diploma, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue a Degree in Psychology, entering in Year 2
Once you complete a Diploma in Psychology, you can consider the following job options:
- Business Development
- Career Counselling
- Human Resource
- Market Research
- Media & Advertising
Alternatively, you can also consider continuing your education by pursuing a Degree in Psychology.
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right college or university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Diploma in Psychology accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Are you aware of the course fees and can you afford it?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the college or university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you during your time there as well as beyond college or university?
For more points to ponder, check out these 5 steps to finding the best college for you.
If you’re not sure whether studying a Diploma in Psychology is right for you, here are some articles that may help:
- 5 Annoying Misconceptions About Studying Psychology
- 6 Job Sectors a Psychology Graduate Can Excel In
- What Can You Do with a Degree in Psychology Besides Being a Psychologist?
- So You Wanna Be a Psychologist? 10 Major Branches of Psychology That You Should Know
Not sure if you should study Diploma, A-Level, Foundation in Science, or some other Pre-University course? Take our Course Recommender Quiz and get a recommendation in 3 minutes!