Compare Top Diploma in Graphic Design Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best colleges that offer Diploma in Graphic Design courses in Malaysia and use our Diploma in Graphic Design course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 13 colleges and universities offering 14 Diploma in Graphic Design Courses.
Saito University College
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
SEGi College Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur Campus, Kuala Lumpur
Jan, Feb, Mar, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov
Kota Damansara, Selangor
Feb, Jul, Oct
FAQs about Studying Diploma in Graphic Design in Malaysia
Graphic Design involves the practice of planning and delivering of ideas and messages to a targeted audience through the use of cleverly crafted graphics.
The influence of Graphic Design can be commonly found in everyday items from the packaging of the cereals you eat every morning to the huge billboards and advertisements you see on your everyday commute.
In this field, there will be opportunities available in a multitude of industries that you can explore.
A Diploma in Graphic Design will equip you with a strong foundation in art and design while keeping you up to date with industry standards and needs. You will also learn the necessary IT and communication skills needed for you to create compelling visuals efficiently and work collaboratively with others.
A Diploma in Graphic Design requires at least 3 credits (C and above) at SPM, O-Level or equivalent.
For UEC students, you will need to have a minimum of 3Bs.
Certain colleges or universities may also conduct their own portfolio review or design assessment to determine whether you’re fit for the course too!
To pursue a Diploma in Graphic Design, you need to complete SPM or an equivalent qualification. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements set by respective colleges or universities.
A Diploma in Graphic Design is typically 2 to 2.5 years long.
Upon completing a Diploma in Graphic Design, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue a Degree in Graphic Design, entering in Year 2
Once you complete a Diploma in Graphic Design, you can consider the following job options:
- Digital Image Artist
Alternatively, you can also consider continuing your education by pursuing a Degree in Graphic Design.
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right college or university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Diploma in Graphic Design accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the college or university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond college / university?
Struggling to make a decision? Check out these 5 steps to finding the college that suits you best.
If you’re not sure whether a Diploma in Graphic Design is right for you, here are some articles that may help:
- 7 No-Nonsense Tips Every Aspiring Filmmaker Needs to Know
- What’s the Best Job for You According to Your Personality Type?
- Top 7 Mistakes Students Make When Choosing a Course
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)