Compare Top Multimedia Design Degree Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Multimedia Design universities in Malaysia and use our Multimedia Design Degree course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location, intake and specialisation.
There are 17 colleges and universities offering 21 Multimedia Design Degree Courses.
FAQs about Studying a Multimedia Design Degree in Malaysia
Multimedia Design covers multiple design areas (such as animation, graphic and website) to create highly engaging visual content that viewers can interact with.
It involves the use of various media, including photos, audio, video and typography, to create interactive content that is found in daily applications including websites, television displays and video games.
A Degree in Multimedia Design will equip you with a broad understanding of contemporary design. This will enable you to apply your skills and knowledge in various disciplines, including web design, graphic design, game development and animation.
To pursue a Degree in Multimedia Design, the typical entry requirements are:
- A-Level: Minimum 2Es; or
- STPM: Minimum 2Cs; or
- Foundation in Arts: Minimum CGPA of 2.0; or
- Relevant Diploma: Minimum CGPA of 2.0; or
- UEC: Minimum 5Bs
Some universities may require you to submit a portfolio prior to accepting you into their Multimedia Design course. That being said, entry requirements can differ depending on the university, so it’s wise to double check.
To pursue a Degree in Multimedia Design, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent and a Pre-U qualification. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the university.
A Degree in Multimedia Design is usually 3 years long.
Upon completing a Degree in Multimedia Design, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Further your studies with a Masters programme or other relevant courses / fields that can add value to your knowledge in Multimedia Design (e.g. web design, animation and visual effects, etc.)
Upon completing your Degree in Multimedia Design, you can work in numerous industries ranging from advertising agencies to entertainment studios.
Some of the career options include, but are not limited to:
- Motion Graphic Designer
- Interface Designer
- Web Designer
- Visual Effects Editor
- Multimedia Specialist
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Multimedia Design course accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
- Does the curriculum sound relevant to meet the current industry’s needs?
If you’re not sure if studying a Degree in Multimedia Design is right for you, here are some articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to a Design Course in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
You can also check out our comprehensive course guides to see if any other degrees will spark your interest.
If you are an SPM leaver and you’re still unsure of which pathway to take, check out our pre-university course guides. You can also take our Course Recommender Quiz and get suggestions on which pre-university course suits you best!