Compare Top Diploma in Physiotherapy Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Physiotherapy universities in Malaysia and use our Diploma in Physiotherapy course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location, intake and specialisation.
There are 3 colleges and universities offering 3 Diploma in Physiotherapy Courses.
FAQs about Studying a Diploma in Physiotherapy in Malaysia
Physiotherapy is about restoring and maintaining body movement and function.Physiotherapists play an important role in helping those who are suffering movement loss due to injury, illness, accidents, disability or ageing.
Through various treatments such as manual therapy and therapeutic exercises, these professionals help restore and maximise their patients’ body movement to improve their quality of life.
A Diploma in Physiotherapy will equip you with a good foundation of physiotherapy knowledge and skills to treat patients. In addition, you will also be trained to use physiotherapy equipment and tools.
To study a Diploma in Physiotherapy, you will need at least 5 credits at SPM level, including Bahasa Melayu, English, Mathematics and one Science subject. However, entry requirements can differ depending on the university, so be sure to double check.
To pursue a Diploma in Physiotherapy, you must have completed SPM or equivalent. In addition, you are required to meet the entry requirements set by the colleges or universities.A Diploma in Physiotherapy is usually 3 years long.Upon completing a Diploma in Physiotherapy, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue a Degree in Physiotherapy
Once you have completed your Diploma in Physiotherapy, you can work in various settings, including hospitals, special needs schools, nursing homes or fitness centres.
Some of the career options include, but are not limited to:
- Clinical Therapist
- Physical Therapy Specalist
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Physiotherapy course accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
- Is the curriculum relevant to meet the current healthcare industry’s needs?
If you’re not sure if studying a Diploma in Physiotherapy is right for you, here are some articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to a Physiotherapy Course in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
You can also check out our comprehensive course guides to see if any other diplomas will spark your interest.
If you are an SPM leaver and you’re still unsure of which pathway to take, check out our pre-university course guides. You can also take our Course Recommender Quiz and get suggestions on which pre-university course suits you best!