Compare Top Diploma in Early Childhood Education Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Early Childhood Education universities in Malaysia and use our Diploma in Early Childhood Education course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 17 colleges and universities offering 21 Diploma in Early Childhood Education Courses.
Subang 2, Selangor
Jan, May, Aug
Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UNIRAZAK)
Kuala Lumpur Main Campus, Kuala Lumpur
Diploma in Early Childhood Education
Mar, Jul, Sep, Nov
Kuala Lumpur's Premier School of Business, Government & Education
UOW Malaysia KDU University College
Jan, May, Sep
Saito University College
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Early Childhood Education is the education of infants, toddlers and young children.
Early childhood education is vital as a child’s development is at its peak in the first five years of a child’s life. Understanding and controlling the environment of a child’s early years can greatly impact the growth of a child and prepare them to succeed in their growing years and beyond.
A Diploma in Early Childhood Education will teach you the essentials of early childhood development and education. You will develop a core knowledge of how a child learns and behaves, and how to appropriate teaching methods to cater to the child’s unique learning style.
A Diploma in Early Childhood Education requires at least 3 credits (C and above) at SPM, O-Level or equivalent.
For UEC students, you will need to have minimum of 3Bs including English.
To pursue a Diploma in Early Childhood Education, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the college or university.
A Diploma in Early Childhood Education is typically 2 to 2.5 years long.
Upon completing a Diploma in Early Childhood Education, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue a Degree in Early Childhood Education, entering in Year 2
Once you complete a Diploma in Early Childhood Education, you can consider the following job options:
- Kindergarten (Tadika) Teacher
- Pre-school (Taska) Teacher
- Private / International School Teacher (Pre-school Level)
Alternatively, you can also consider continuing your education by pursuing a Degree in Early Childhood Education.
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right college or university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Diploma in Early Childhood Education accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the college or university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond college / university?
Struggling to make a decision? Check out these 5 steps to finding the college that suits you best.
Not sure if studying a Diploma in Early Childhood Education is right for you? Here are some articles that may help:
- Your Guide to Studying Early Childhood Education in Malaysia
- The Ultimate Guide to Early Childhood Education [Infographic]
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)