Compare Top Diploma in Animation Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Animation universities in Malaysia and use our Diploma in Animation course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location, intake and specialisation.
There are 9 colleges and universities offering 10 Diploma in Animation Courses.
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur
Apr, Aug, Sep, Nov
Malaysia's award-winning Premier Digital Tech University
Kota Damansara, Selangor
Feb, Jul, Oct
FAQs about Studying Diploma in Digital Animation in Malaysia
Digital Animation is the process of creating moving, animated visuals with the help of computer programmes.
From the silver screen in cinemas to the internet browsers on your devices, the use of digital visuals has quickly become a staple in communications, media, marketing and storytelling in general, making those with the skill to produce high quality animations very desirable.
A Diploma in Digital Animation will teach you the basics of digital animation techniques. You will learn how to use the principles of design, animation and storytelling to craft a compelling visual or animation piece, usually in both 2-dimensional (2D) and 3-dimensional (3D).
A Diploma in Digital Animation requires at least 3 credits (C and above) at SPM, O-Level or equivalent.
For UEC students, you will need to have minimum of 3Bs.
To pursue a Diploma in Digital Animation, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the college or university.
A Diploma in Digital Animation is typically 2 to 2.5 years long.
Upon completing a Diploma in Digital Animation, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue a Degree in Digital Animation, entering in Year 2
Once you complete a Diploma in Digital Animation, you can consider the following job options:
- 3D Animator
- Concept Artist
- Visual Effects Artist
Alternatively, you can also consider continuing your education by pursuing a Degree in Digital Animation.
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right college or university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Diploma in Digital Animation accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the college or university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond college / university?
Struggling to make a decision? Check out these 5 steps to finding the college that suits you best.
If you’re not sure if studying a Diploma in Digital Animation is right for you, here are some articles that may help:
- Your Guide to Studying Digital Animation in Malaysia
- 5 Biggest Myths About Animation [Infographic]
- 6 Surprising Insights from a 3D Digital Animator
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)