Compare Top Animation Degree Courses in Malaysia
There are 9 colleges and universities offering 9 Animation Degree Courses.
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur
Mar, Jul, Sep, Nov
Malaysia's award-winning Premier Digital Tech University
Kuala Lumpur Campus, Kuala Lumpur
Jan, May, Sep
Subang Jaya, Selangor
Feb, Apr, Sep
Top #284 and 1% in the world
UNITAR International University
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Jan, May, Sep
University of Cyberjaya (UoC)
Mar, Jul, Oct
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Information Technology (UniKL MIIT)
UniKL MIIT, Kuala Lumpur
Jan, Jul, Sep
FAQs about Studying a Digital Animation Degree in Malaysia
Digital Animation relates to the use of computer softwares to bring visuals to life.
Digital Animation is used not only in animated movies like Toy Story and Finding Dory, it is also used to create computer-generated imagery (CGI) just as what you see in most mainstream blockbuster movies like Star Wars and The Avengers. These days, it is also incorporated in games and advertisements.
A Digital Animation Degree will teach you how to use the latest visual programming software and tools, and learn the appropriate skills to design characters, props and background layouts. With the advent of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality, there will be plenty of possibilities for you to explore!
To pursue a Degree in Animation, the typical entry requirements are:
- STPM: Minimum 2Cs; or
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum of ATAR 60; or
- Foundation: Minimum CGPA of 2.0; or
- Relevant Diploma: Minimum CGPA of 2.0
That said, the entry requirements may vary depending on the university, so be sure to do your research!
To pursue a Degree in Animation, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent and a Pre-U qualification. Alternatively, you can also enter a Degree via a Diploma in Digital Animation. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the university.
A Degree in Digital Animation is usually 3 years long.
Upon completing a Degree in Digital Animation, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Start your own creative venture
Once you complete a Degree in Digital Animation, you can consider the following job options:
- Concept Artist
- Art Director
- Character Designer
- Visual Effects Artist
- Storyboard Artist
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Degree in Digital Animation accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
If you’re not sure if studying a Degree in Digital Animation is right for you, here are some articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to an Digital Animation Course in Malaysia
- 5 Biggest Myths About Animation [Infographic]
- 6 Surprising Insights from a 3D Digital Animator
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
Not sure if you should study Diploma, A-Level, Foundation in Science, or some other Pre-University course to get to a Degree in Digital Animation? Take our Course Recommender Quiz and get a recommendation in 3 minutes!