Compare Top Architecture Degree Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Architecture universities in Malaysia and use our Architecture Degree course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 10 colleges and universities offering 11 Architecture Degree Courses.
Subang Jaya, Selangor
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Architecture
Jan, Mar, Aug
Top #284 and 1% in the world
FAQs about Studying an Architecture Degree in Malaysia
Architecture is about the process of designing buildings and physical structures.
The architectural field is a combination of art and science, bringing about remarkable establishments that fulfil their functional contexts. Architecture spans from the macro-level (landscape design) down to the micro-level (construction details).
In addition to the technical skills required to design buildings, a Degree in Architecture will also teach you the importance of architecture in sustainable and environmental development. Studying an Architecture Degree can help build a strong foundation for you to work on your professional qualifications to pursue a career as a qualified architect.
To pursue a Degree in Architecture, the typical entry requirements are:
- A-Level: Minimum 2Es including Mathematics; or
- STPM: Minimum 2C including Mathematics; or
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum of ATAR 65 with credit in Mathematics; or
- Foundation: Minimum CGPA of 2.0 with credit in Mathematics; or
- Relevant Diploma: Minimum CGPA of 2.0 with credit in Mathematics
That said, the entry requirements may vary depending on the university, so be sure to do your research!
To pursue a Degree in Architecture, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent and a Pre-U qualification. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the university.
A Degree in Architecture is usually 3 years long.
Upon completing a Degree in Architecture, you can enter the workforce and work as an Assistant Architect.
To be a Graduate Architect, you will need further qualifications, usually a Masters in Architecture.
Finally, to be a Professional Architect with an “Ar.” title, you will need to have practised as an architect for at least 2 years and complete the relevant project requirements set by the Board of Architects Malaysia.
Once you complete a Degree in Architecture, you can consider the following job options:
- Assistant Architect
- Architectural Model / Structure Specialist
- 3D Visualiser
- Design Consultant
- Research Assistant
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Architecture course accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Is the institution’s Architecture Degree recognised by the Board of Architects Malaysia?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
Not sure if studying a Degree in Architecture is suitable for you? Check out some of these relevant articles:
- Your Guide to an Architecture Course in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
Not sure what to study to get to a Degree in Architecture? Take our Course Recommender Quiz and get personalised recommendations!