Compare Top Interior Architecture Degree Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best Interior Architecture universities in Malaysia and use our Interior Architecture Degree course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 9 colleges and universities offering 9 Interior Architecture Degree Courses.
Subang Jaya, Selangor
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Interior Architecture
Jan, Mar, Sep
Top #284 and 1% in the world
INTI International College Subang
Subang Jaya, Selangor
BA (Hons) Interior Design (3.5+0 Sheffield Hallam University, UK)
FAQs about Studying an Interior Architecture Degree in Malaysia
Interior Architecture is about the creation of aesthetic and functional designs within a confined space of a building or structure.
Interior Architecture sets out to meet the ever-changing demands of design without compromising user experience. This field often provides practical design solutions to businesses, from creating conducive workplaces to breathtaking yet comfortable entrance halls for top-tier hotels and corporate buildings.
A Degree in Interior Architecture will equip you with the knowledge of practical design and visual communication. You will also get to learn about the interior and spatial design requirements in order to continue to challenge conventional standards.
To pursue a Degree in Interior Architecture, the typical entry requirements are:
- A-Level: Minimum 2Es including Mathematics; or
- STPM: Minimum 2C including Mathematics; or
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum of ATAR 65 with credit in Mathematics; or
- Foundation: Minimum CGPA of 2.0 with credit in Mathematics; or
- Relevant Diploma: Minimum CGPA of 2.0 with credit in Mathematics
That said, the entry requirements may vary depending on the university, so be sure to do your research!
To pursue a Degree in Interior Architecture, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent and a Pre-U qualification. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the university.
A Degree in Interior Architecture is usually 4 years long.
Upon completing a Degree in Interior Architecture, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue postgraduate studies in the relevant fields
Once you complete a Degree in Interior Architecture, you can consider the following job options:
- Interior Architect
- 3D Visualiser
- Project Manager
- Lighting & Furniture Designer
- Residential Designer
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Interior Architecture course accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Is the institution’s Interior Architecture Degree recognised by the Board of Architects Malaysia?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
If you’re not sure if studying a Degree in Interior Architecture is right for you, here are some articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to a Design Course in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
You can also explore our list of course guides to see if other degrees speak louder to you.
If you are an SPM leaver and you’re deciding which Pre-University or Foundation course to study, check out our comprehensive pre-university course guides. Alternatively, take our Course Recommender Quiz and get suggestions on which pre-university course you should take!