Compare Top Diploma in Engineering Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best colleges that offer Diploma in Engineering courses in Malaysia and use our Diploma in Engineering course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 18 colleges and universities offering 38 Diploma in Engineering Courses.
FAQs about Studying Diploma in Engineering in Malaysia
Engineering is the application of science and maths to create sustainable solutions for societal challenges.
The field of engineering is extremely broad, covering multiple fields from the application of electronics (Electrical & Electronic Engineering) to building roads and buildings (Civil Engineering). Almost every product that we have in the 21st century is the result of clever and innovative engineering!
A Diploma in Engineering will equip you with the basic hands-on skills and technical knowledge needed in this field.
A Diploma in Engineering requires at least 3Cs at SPM, O-Level or equivalent, including in Mathematics, English and 1 relevant science subject.
That said, the entry requirements may vary depending on the university, so be sure to do your research!
To pursue a Diploma in Engineering, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent.
A Diploma in Engineering is usually 2.5 to 3 years long.
Upon completing a Diploma in Engineering, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue a Degree in Engineering, entering in Year 2. Upon completion of your degree, you can work and pursue professional exams at the same time to be a Chartered Engineer.
Once you have completed your Engineering Diploma, you will be able to start off as an assistant engineer or engineering technician. In order to be an engineer, you may be required to further your studies to a degree.
Depending on your specialisation, here are some of the engineering fields you can work in:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision:
- Is the institution’s Engineering courses accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the college or university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond college / university?
Not sure if studying a Diploma in Engineering is right for you? Here are some articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to an Engineering Course in Malaysia
- 5 Unusual Engineering Jobs You Didn’t Know Of
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
You can also explore our list of course guides to see if other fields speak louder to you.