Yes, it’s true; you can live out your dreams and study in the UK for half the price with the Heriot-Watt University Malaysia (HWUM) Tan Sri Yeoh Tiong Lay Global Scholarship!
Sponsored by the YTL Foundation, this scholarship is offering 50% and 100% tuition fee waivers to deserving, high achieving Malaysian students intent on pursuing undergraduate degrees at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia for the September 2019 or January 2020 intakes.
Scholarship winners will also get the opportunity to study their 2nd year abroad at HWUM’s prestigious UK campus, with a 50% waiver off their total UK tuition fees. So if you don’t have the financial means to pursue your studies overseas, now is your chance.
Before you scramble to apply for the scholarship, read on for more details:
What you need to know
Scholarships will be awarded to students who fulfil the following criteria:
- Must be Malaysian citizens
- Have excellent academic results: Minimum of AAB in A Level or STPM or minimum ATAR 85 or equivalent
- Preference will be given to students who can prove financial hardship
- Applicants must be full-time students
- Successful applicants must attend an interview
Take note that students will not be bonded to YTL under this scholarship.
How to apply
- You must first register for an undergraduate programme at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia (leave your details below so that our education advisor can assist you!)
- Complete a scholarship application form, which includes your personal statement (in not more than 500 words)
- Include supporting documents that prove financial hardship
- If successful, you’ll be called for an interview.
Application deadline is Friday, 23 August 2019 for the September 2019 intake.
So what are you waiting for? To apply, leave your details below and our friendly education advisors will be in touch.