So you’re a data nerd obsessed with analysing, organising and contextualising. Coding comes naturally to you and you revel in statistics. A career in Statistical Data Science is obviously up your alley, but you might be wary of the high tuition fees associated with it.
Not to worry, you’re in luck!
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia is offering students with excellent academic results the chance to secure a 50% or 100% scholarship for their BSc (Hons) Statistical Modelling (to be renamed as BSc (Hons) Statistical Data Science).
This 3-year degree is a great way for you to become a highly qualified statistician required in every imaginable field, from business and insurance to medicine and environmental science. What’s more, Malaysia aims to produce 16,000 data professionals by 2020, making this an up and coming field!
Ready to go? Read on for more details!
What you need to know
You must meet the following academic requirements to apply for the scholarship.
- A-Level / STPM: AAA with A in Mathematics
- Australian Matriculation (WACE): ATAR 95 with 80% in Mathematics
- Australian Matriculation (SACE): ATAR 95 with 17.0 in Mathematics
- UEC: 6A with 4A1 including A1 in Mathematics and Advanced Mathematics
- A-Level / STPM: AAB with A in Mathematics
- Australian Matriculation (WACE): ATAR 90 with 80% in Mathematics
- Australian Matriculation (SACE): ATAR 90 with 17.0 in Mathematics
- UEC: 6A with A1 in Mathematics and Advanced Mathematics
How to apply
- Register for the BSc (Hons) Statistical Modelling at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia (leave your details below so that our education advisor can assist you!)
- Complete a scholarship application form
- Write a 500-word personal statement
- Shortlisted candidates will need to attend an interview
Application deadline is 20 August 2018.
So what are you waiting for? Leave your details below and our friendly education advisors will be in touch!