SAM / AUSMAT Scholarships in Malaysia
1) What is Australian Matriculation?
Australian Matriculation programmes are comprised of South Australian Matriculation (SAM) and Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) also known as AUSMAT. SAM / AUSMAT are Pre-University programmes that are both based on the Australian education system. Both programmes are 10-12 months long with some up to 18 months depending on the institutions.
Both programmes have a combination of coursework and final exams which ultimately will lead to an Australian Year 12 qualification.
SAM / AUSMAT are both heavily coursework based and will require you to be really involved in class assignments, tutorials and tests in order for you to do really well.
2) What You Need To Know About Australian Matriculation Scholarships?
- Most scholarships are offered by the institution itself
- Most scholarships are merit-based with no interview required
- Some offer up to 100% tuition fee waiver
3) List of Institutions & Scholarships for Australian Matriculation
Here is a comprehensive list of all the available Australian Matriculation scholarships offered by institutions, companies, GLCs and associations in Malaysia, and how you can apply for them.
Most merit scholarships are open throughout the year and are offered based on your actual SPM / O-Level results. Some scholarships offered by institutions close soon after SPM results are released.
|Name of Scholarship||Key Highlights||Deadline|
|Maybank Foundation Scholarship Award||- Up to 100% tuition fee waiver|
- Scholarship includes living allowances
- Willing to serve the Maybank for a specified period upon graduation
|Taylor’s College Merit Scholarship||- Minimum of 3As at SPM|
- Up to 70% tuition fee waiver
- First-come-first-served basis
- Merit scholarship with no interview required
|The Star Education Fund 2017||- Must excel in extra-curricular activities|
- Open to students below the age of 25
|Bank Negara Malaysia Kijang Scholarships||- Open to straight A+ SPM students only||22-Mar-17|