Strong links with 110+ universities worldwide
Enrolment of over 11,000 students
Extensive personal development programmes
#1. About HELP University
Founded in 1986, HELP University is a Malaysian private university which aims to provide quality and affordable education to everyday Malaysians. HELP University was formerly known as HELP University College.
HELP has 3 campuses in Malaysia – Damansara Heights, Subang 2 and Fraser Business Park, Cheras. HELP’s Subang 2 campus is a 3.3 acres development that will house students from their psychology and business faculties.
HELP University offers a diverse range of programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, such as Psychology, Law, Business and Management.
HELP University is the first private university in Malaysia to offer a degree in Psychology, as well as the UK Degree Transfer Programme for Law.
HELP University Ranking & Reputation
HELP University is rated ‘Tier 4: Very Good’ according to the SETARA 2017 university ratings. It was also awarded the Asia Pacific Leadership Award in 2012 for Social Service, as well as the Brand Laureate Award for Tertiary Education (Private) from 2011 to 2012.
#2. Why Choose HELP University
Links with Top Universities
Hundreds of students transfer to leading universities abroad in their 2nd & 3rd year – including University of Queensland & Cardiff University
Emotional Intelligence is Key
High IQ is not enough – EQ is just as important too! Achieve your fullest potential via HELP’s comprehensive personal development programmes
Strong Job Placements
HELP’s Career Placement Programme helps you on the stressful journey of job-seeking via workshops and partnerships with leading companies
Popular Courses at HELP University Malaysia
(a) HELP Damansara Heights Campus
Situated strategically at Damansara Heights, Kuala Lumpur, this city campus is located just 15 minutes from KL City Centre. Its close proximity to Bangsar will give you access to a wide variety of restaurants, mamaks, cafes and shops.
HELP University’s grounds comprises of 3 blocks – ELM Business School, Wisma HELP and Komplex Pejabat Damansara (KPD), with free university busses frequently shuttling between these three main points.
- Public Transport: Available via LRT and Rapid KL buses
- Shuttle Bus: HELP University’s free shuttle buses cover HELP Residence, Bangsar LRT station and all campus blocks
- Parking: Parking bays are available at HELP Residence and at all campus blocks
(b) HELP Subang 2 Campus
With a prime location at Kwasa Damansara, the campus is situated nearby the MRT Sungai Buloh station. Its 3.3 acres campus can accommodate up to 2,500 students and is fully equipped with modern facilities.
Besides that, the campus is built based on the tropical rainforest theme. The campus was also designed to be green and energy efficient with features such as rainwater harvesting, energy efficient lighting and cross ventilation which earned it the prestigious Green Building Index (GBI) certification.
- Public Transport: Available via Rapid KL buses
- Shuttle Bus: HELP University’s free shuttle buses cover HELP Residence, ELM Business School, Subang KTM station, Kelana Jaya LRT and Ara Damansara
- Parking: Parking bays are available on-campus
(c) HELP College of Arts and Technology (CAT) Campus
Situated in Fraser Business Park, Sungai Besi, Kuala Lumpur, the HELP College of Arts and Technology (CAT) campus offers the best in metropolitan studying and living.
The college is directly linked to public transport, with a link bridge to the Chan Sow Lin LRT station that links it to all of the suburban areas in the city. Dining options include HELP CAT’s own L’orangerie Restaurant and a French and Chinese training kitchen.
- Public Transport: Available via direct link to the Chan Sow Lin LRT station
- Parking: Parking bays are available on-campus
HELP Damansara Heights Campus
(a) On-campus accommodation
HELP Damansara Heights offers 2 off-campus housing options:
- HP Terrace: Located in Bukit Damansara, it’s within walking distance to the HELP shuttle bus station and PBD MRT station. It’s also a 3-minute drive to campus, making it a strategic living location. All rooms are fully-furnished with beds, study desks and air-conditioned.
- HP Bungalow: For fancy living, you can’t go wrong with bunking at HP Bungalow. With a view of greenery and an excellent location (5-minutes’ walk to campus and situated near the Semantan MRT station), it remains a popular student choice. Extra security such as 24-hour CCTV and an access card are good reasons too.
HELP Subang 2 Campus
(a) Off-campus accommodation
HELP Subang 2 has 3 off-campus options for you to choose from:
- Atria Residence: With a focus on tight security, this apartment takes the safety of its student residents seriously. It’s a 10-minute walk to campus, so circular shuttle service is also provided by the university. Rooms include a bed and mattress, study desk, wardrobe and air-conditioner.
- Damai Apartment: Located just a minute’s walk away to campus, Damai’s your call if distance is your top concern. Room facilities are similar to Atria Residence and also include weekly housekeeping service.
- HP Villa: For a more private and quality living experience as a student, the semi-d houses in HP Villa offer more space and the sense of independent living. The common area includes a fridge, cooking stove and water filter.
HELP CAT Campus
(a) On-campus accommodation
HELP CAT has 2 on-campus options for your comfort and convenience:
- One Stop Residence Hotel & Office: The fully-furnished 885sf air-conditioned apartments are 2-3 minutes’ walk to campus, making it an ideal option for students. Each apartment includes 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 study room and a shared kitchen, living room and dining area. A swimming pool, recreation room, tennis courts, weekly housekeeping service and more tie it all together.
- Asrama City Campus Lodge: Located right above campus, you’ll never be late for class when you stay at the Asrama City Campus Lodge. The 452-room hostel offers air-conditioned single rooms with attached bathrooms and basic amenities such as a bed, wardrobe and study table. For a bit of fresh air, the open air courtyard offers a chance to recharge after a long day at class.
#5. HELP University Malaysia Scholarships
Here are some of the scholarships offered by HELP University.
|Name of Scholarship||Study Area||Key Highlights||Deadline|
|HELP Distinction Award (FIA & FIS)||FIA, FIS||- Up to RM13,000 tuition fee waiver||Always Open|
|HELP Distinction Award (ADP)||American Degree Transfer Program||- Up to RM14,000 tuition fee waiver|
- Partial scholarship up to RM5,000 for continuing students
|HELP Distinction Award (Business)||Business||- Up to RM16,800 tuition fee waiver|
- Partial scholarship up to RM8,280 for continuing students
|HELP Distinction Award (ECE)||Education||- Up to RM12,960 tuition fee waiver|
- Partial scholarship up to RM14,040 for continuing students
|HELP Distinction Award (Communication)||Communication||- Up to RM11,700 tuition fee waiver||Always Open|
|HELP Distinction Award (Information Technology)||Information Technology||- Up to RM17,010 tuition fee waiver||Always Open|
|HELP IT Industry Scholarship 2017||Information Technology||- Up to 50% tuition fee waiver||Always Open|
|HELP Distinction Award (Law)||Law||- Up to RM12,500 tuition fee waiver||Always Open|
|HELP Tan Sri Datuk Seri Haji Abdul Malek Haji Ahmad Award||Law||- Up to 100% tuition fee waiver for Year 2 tuition fees|
- Only open to students undergoing HELP's UK Degree Transfer Programme or Bachelor of Laws (Hons) programme
|HELP Distinction Award (Psychology)||Psychology||- Up to RM12,250 tuition fee waiver|
- Partial scholarship up to RM10,160 for continuing students
|HELP Distinction Award||A-Level||- Up to RM13,000 tuition fee waiver||Always Open|
|HELP Distinction Award||Business||- Up to RM16,940 tuition fee waiver|
- Partial scholarship up to RM9,680 for continuing students