Compare Top Diploma in Food Science Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best colleges that offer Diploma in Food Science courses in Malaysia and use our Diploma in Food Science course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 1 colleges and universities offering 1 Diploma in Food Science Courses.
FAQs about Studying a Diploma in Food Science in Malaysia
Food Science is about applying science and engineering to develop and improve food products. The field involves a variety of areas including food processing methods, food texture and flavours, nutritional composition and food safety.
Large food manufacturing companies such as Kellogg’s and Nestle rely on food scientists to create new flavours and while assuring quality control and food safety during all stages of development.
Minimum 3 credits, including a C in Mathematics and Chemistry. You will also need to pass English.
To pursue a Diploma in Food Science, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the college or university.
A Diploma in Food Science is typically 2 years long.
Upon completing a Diploma in Food Science, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue a Degree in Food Science, entering in Year 2
Once you complete a Diploma in Food Science, you can consider the following job options:
- Assistant Food Technologist
- Food Product/Process Development Executive
- Quality Assurance Executive
- Food Services Executive
- Assistant Flavour Chemist
- Raw Materials Procurement Executive
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right college or university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Diploma in Food Science accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Does the institution provide enough industry training to make you more employable once you graduate?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
If you’re not sure if studying for a Diploma in Food Science is right for you, here are some articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to a Food Science Course in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
Alternatively, explore our list of course guides to see which speaks out to you.
If you are an SPM leaver and you’re deciding which Pre-University or Foundation course to study, check out our comprehensive pre-university course guides. Alternatively, take our Course Recommender Quiz and get suggestions on which pre-university course you should take!