You Can Now Obtain a Degree in Guidance and Counselling From UTAR
Fancy a career in counselling? UTAR is now offering a Bachelor of Social Science (Hons) Guidance and Counselling programme at their Kampar, Perak campus. Find out more here!
Updated 20 Apr 2020
Are you an empathetic individual who puts other people’s needs ahead of your own? Do you enjoy offering others a helping hand, no matter the situation, without expecting a reward?
The good news is that you can now obtain a degree that will help you better the lives of others — Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) is offering a Bachelor of Social Science (Hons) Guidance and Counselling programme, where you can advise others on their educational, career and psychological potentials.
Why should you apply for UTAR’s Guidance and Counselling degree programme?
- Gain professional and in-depth knowledge and skills for managing psychological issues, including developmental and behavioral challenges and socioemotional and psychological stresses
- The programme’s curriculum is recognised by the Malaysian Board of Counsellor’s Standards and Requirements of Training for Counsellors
- You’ll have the opportunity to shadow and assist licensed counsellors and clinical psychologists as part of the work experience exposure
- You’ll be taught the latest counselling approaches based on research and evidence-based counselling and psychological therapies
- Intensive and comprehensive internship opportunities will ensure that you are ready for the workforce
Upon graduating, you can register as a member of the Board of Counsellors Malaysia and seek employment opportunities from a wide range of fields, such as education, health, sports, consultancy, human resource management, among many others.
How to apply
Piqued your interest? Contact us here or leave your details below, and our friendly counsellors will be in touch!