Become a Doctor for a Day With RUMC Aspiring Doctors This 2 December 2023
Learn how to suture, perform laparoscopy and take blood pressure in a day.
Published 21 Nov 2023
Curious to know what life as a medical student looks like?
Look no further as RCSI & UCD Malaysia Campus (RUMC) is bringing back its highly anticipated flagship event ‘Aspiring Doctors’ this 2 December 2023 at HELP International School, Shah Alam. Specially curated for those passionate about the medical field, grab the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of life as a doctor through interactive games and quizzes, informative sharing and Q&A sessions with RUMC academics, as well as hands-on workshops such as suturing, laparoscopy and blood pressure taking.
Seats are limited so book your spot early!
Interested? Read on for more details.
When and where?
- Date: 2 December 2023 (Saturday)
- Time: 8am – 3pm
- Venue: HELP International School, Shah Alam
- Registration Fee: RM20 (or RM15 for HELP International School students)
|8.15am – 8.45am||Registration and breakfast|
|9am – 9.15am||Introduction and games|
|9.15am – 9.30am||Welcome speeches|
|9.30am – 9.45am||Grouping and briefing|
|10am – 1pm||Medical workshops
|1pm – 1.30pm||Lunch break and networking|
|1.30pm – 2pm||Academic talk and Q&A|
|2pm – 2.45pm||Sharing session and Medical Workshop Quiz Bowl|
Why should you attend?
Here’s what’s in store for you:
- Gain insight into life as a doctor from RUMC alumni and academics
- Take part in hands-on workshops such as suturing, laparoscopy and CPR
- Network and hear from RUMC students on what life is like as a medical student
- Consult with RUMC counsellors on admission requirements, scholarships and more