A petroleum engineer plays a vital role in modern society. They make sure the world does not run out of energy to fuel our homes (cooking gas), cars (petrol) and more.
If your mission in life is similar to the role of a petroleum engineer — finding valuable resources in the most cost-efficient and environmentally friendly way, then you’re in luck!
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia (HWUM) has teamed up with Velesto Sdn Bhd, an oil and gas company, to cater to students who are keen on pursuing a career in petroleum engineering. With this partnership, students can secure either a 50% or 100% scholarship for a MEng Petroleum Engineering programme (4 years) at HWUM.
Sounds awesome? Find out more about the scholarship below!
What you need to know
- You must have at least 2As and 1B in A-Levels or equivalent
- You must have a strong passion for engineering
- You must have strong academic achievements
- You must be actively involved in extracurricular activities and leadership roles
- You must attend an interview with the Selection Committee
How to apply
- Register for HWUM’s Petroleum Engineering programme (leave your details below so that our education advisor can assist you!)
- Complete a scholarship application form
- Write a 500-word personal statement stating your interest in the engineering field of your choice and why AND include your future career aspirations
- Shortlisted candidates will need to attend an interview on 4 January 2019
Application deadline is 28 December 2018 (for January 2019 intake).