As a 2021 SPM student about to go into university, you’re probably wondering what scholarships you can apply for. After all, education doesn’t come for free. But there are plenty of scholarships that can ensure that money for the fees doesn’t come out of your pocket.
Well, we’re here to provide you with our assistance. We’ve compiled a list of scholarships you can apply as soon as you get your SPM results. However, before we dive into that, here’s a couple of things we thought you should know.
#1. Important questions to ask yourself
When is the deadline?
A lot of these scholarships don’t stay open for long. So make sure that you mind the deadlines. The application period usually closes a couple of weeks after your SPM results come out so be sure to apply as soon as possible.
Is it applicable to your field of interest?
Some scholarships only cover certain fields of study. This is particularly relevant for scholarships related to certain industry-specific companies like PETRONAS and Shell.
Is it bonded?
Another important factor you should consider is whether the scholarship is bonded or not. A bonded scholarship usually comes with a stipulation that you must work with the scholarship donor for a set amount of time.
If you would like to keep your employment options open, then a bonded scholarship is probably not the best option for you.
#2. Scholarships can you apply with your SPM 2021 results
Now that that is out of the way, here’s a list of 2022 scholarships you can apply for.
- JPA Program Khas Lepasan SPM Dalam Negara
- JPA Program Khas Jepun, Korea, Perancis dan Jerman (JKPJ)
- Petronas Education Sponsorship Programme
- Shell Malaysia Scholarship
- Yayasan Telekom Malaysia Future Leaders Scholarship
- Bank Negara Malaysia Kijang Scholarship
- Yayasan UEM Undergraduate Overseas Scholarship
- Khazanah Global Scholarship
- Khazanah Watan Scholarship Programme
- Yayasan TNB Prime Scholarship
- Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship
- The Star Education Fund Scholarship Awards
- Sin Chew Daily Education Fund Scholarship
- PNB Overseas Scholarship
- MARA Young Talent Development Programme
- Program Khas JPA MARA (PKJM)
Trying to find a scholarship for yourself can be a nightmare but once you get your hands on one, it will be worth it. After all, why pay for your education if you can get it for free. We hope this list has helped ease your post-SPM journey and may the odds be in your favour.