Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s Women in Engineering Scholarship Is Back!
Are you a female student interested in the engineering field? Here’s your chance to receive a scholarship from Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. Find out more!
Updated 04 May 2020
Are you a female student with an avid interest in the engineering sector? Perhaps you’re contemplating whether or not you should enter the field that is ‘not suitable for women’?
Well, don’t let this misconception about engineering deter you from taking a course in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) industry. Make the most of the Heriot-Watt University Malaysia (HWUM) Women in Engineering Scholarship, which offers 100% and 50% scholarships for selected engineering courses at the Malaysia Campus.
Ever since its conception in Malaysia, HWUM has opened the doors for many women in the ASEAN region to gain access to quality education in the field of engineering. As such, HWUM wants to continue to reduce the gender gap within the field by providing scholarships specifically for girls with an ardent passion for engineering.
The programmes that are open for applications under this category are:
- MEng Chemical Engineering with Oil and Gas Technology
- MEng Mechanical Engineering
- MEng Petroleum Engineering
- MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- MEng Civil Engineering
What you need to know
Here are the requirements you must meet in order to be eligible:
- You must be a female student
- You must have at least 2As and 1B in relevant A-Level subjects or equivalent
- You must be passionate about engineering
- You must have strong academic achievements
- You must be actively involved in extracurricular activities and leadership roles
- You must attend an interview with the Selection Committee
How to apply
- Register for an Engineering course in HWUM (leave your details below so that our education advisor can assist you!)
- Complete a scholarship application form
- Write a 500-word personal statement expressing your interest in the engineering field of choice and why AND include your future career aspirations
- Shortlisted candidates will need to attend an interview between 4 - 11 July 2019
Application deadline is on 28 June 2019.