It’s no secret that a large number of the female population are running behind their male counterparts in the engineering and science industry. But it’s 2020 and we have achieved more progress than we did 20 years ago!
With international women’s day taking centre stage this March, the demand for women in STEM rings louder. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia has made it easier by offering 100% and 50% scholarships to female students who want to pursue their studies in engineering and science-related courses.
Sounds interesting? Read on to learn more!
What you need to know
The Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Scholarship is a female-oriented scholarship programme designed to make it possible for women to gain quality education in the line of science and engineering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
The award is 100% or 50% scholarship and is applicable for both Foundation and Undergraduate levels.
Eligible programmes are:
- Foundation in Science / Foundation in Business (with the intention to pursue any of the undergraduate programmes below)
- Actuarial Science
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Construction Project Management
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Psychology with Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Statistical Data Science
What are the requirements?
Here are the requirements to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Malaysian female
- Minimum of 7As in SPM/IGCSE; or ABB in A-Levels/STPM or equivalent
- Have strong academic achievements
- Active in extra-curricular activities and have leadership skills
- Have a passion in STEM
How to apply
- Write a personal statement
- Record a 1-minute video pitch stating your passion in STEM and reasons why. Upload this to YouTube as a private but shareable link
- Submit your scholarship application (email [email protected] or leave your details below)
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview
Application deadline is on 1 April 2020 for the upcoming April intake.