- Ranked 31st in the world for Civil and Structural Engineering (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023)
- Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) and Engineers Australia
- Bachelor of Engineering at Monash has a common first year, allowing you to experience a range of disciplines before deciding on a specialisation
- A member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight (Go8) and the first foreign university campus in Malaysia
The common first year lays a foundation in the basic sciences of mathematics, physics and chemistry and introduces the disciplines available to you for further study. You'll learn to apply your developing math and science knowledge to real-life problems and begin to understand the interaction between civil engineering and society.
You'll develop your sub-professional skills in civil engineering, such as the ability to design common place engineering artefacts and tackle complex engineering problems in the context of suitable theoretical treatment. At the same time, you'll gain some appreciation for the breadth of civil engineering. Theory is developed in parallel with application, with theoretical insights to be further developed at levels three and four using more complex scenarios.
This level will develop your core professional skills in civil engineering, including structural, water, transportation, geomechanics and project management. The water and geomechanics groups also share another unit in groundwater field, which is a crucial aspect of civil engineering.
This is a period of specialisation in civil engineering where you'll complete two core units and a minimum of three electives from the civil engineering department. You'll also be able to pursue two electives from anywhere within the University, some of which are multidisciplinary.
- Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY)*: 76.25%
- A Level GCE: 11 points
- ATAR: 85 (applicable for 2023 intakes only)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB Diploma Program): 31
- STPM, Malaysia: 9.4 points
- UEC, Malaysia: <=3
- Program Matrikulasi (Matriculation Program), Malaysia: 3.17 points
- Foundation in Science and Technology, Sunway College: 77.5%
*The undergraduate entry requirements published are for students who commence the MUFY program in 2022. In addition, Mathematics (Australian Higher Year 12 equivalent) and at least one of Chemistry or Physics (Australian Year 12 equivalent) are formal prerequisites for the Bachelor of Engineering.
Application fees (non-refundable)
Other miscellaneous fees
Discounts & scholarships
Total payable amount
You save RM400 when you apply with EduAdvisor!