- Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) and the Joint Board of Moderators (UK) for the purposes of Chartered Engineer
- A truly global university with an option to transfer to campuses in the UK and Dubai
- Pioneer in education and innovative research for over 200 years
- Future proof yourself through Heriot-Watt's EmPOWER programme, which helps students hone their soft skills
BEng and MEng:
- Analysis of Determinate Structures
- Hydraulics and Hydrology A
- Surveying and Monitoring in the Built and Natural Environment
- Mathematics for Engineers & Scientists 3
- Civil Engineering Materials
- Stress Analysis and Element Strength
- Design Studies A
- Problem Solving
- Statistics for Science
- All students by default will be enrolled into the MEng programme at the point of entry. This is done for the applicant's eligibility for PTPTN's study loan, as well as for recognition by the Board of Engineers Malaysia. You may choose to opt out of the MEng programme, and proceed to a BEng programme during your Second Year.
BEng and MEng:
- Indeterminate Structures
- Geology and Soil Properties
- Design of Steel Elements
- Transport Design, Infrastructure and Society
- Hydraulics and Hydrology B
- Transportation Engineering A
- Geotechnics A - Intro to Soil Mechanics
- Design of Concrete Elements
- Environmental Engineering A
- Civil Engineering Dissertation
- Geotechnics B - Soil Strength
- Civil Engineering Design Project
- Foundation Engineering
- Industrial Training
- Plus 3 optional courses related to structural design, structural engineering, transportation engineering, ground engineering and mangement.
MEng students undertake a compulsory industrial training placement.
- Civil Engineering Professional Design Project
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation in Science: CCCC
- A Level/STPM: BBC including B in Mathematics and Chemistry.
- WACE/SACE: ATAR 75 including B in Mathematics and Chemistry.
- CPU: 75% including B in Mathematics and Chemistry.
- UEC: 15 points or less including A in Mathematics and Chemistry (5 subjects not less than B grade)
- SMA 3: 8.0 in Mathematics and Chemistry.
- IB Diploma: Minimum 5 in SL Mathematics and Chemistry.
- Diploma deemed recognised by the Malaysian Government
- Any other relevant qualification deemed recognised by the Malaysian Government, acceptable to the University.
- If English is not your first language, then evidence of proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 is required.
Application fees (non-refundable)
Discounts & scholarships
Total payable amount
You save RM5,300 when you apply with EduAdvisor!
Up to RM12,000