Actuarial Science Scholarships in Malaysia
1) What is Actuarial Science?
Actuarial Science is the calculation of money-related risks through the use of probability, statistics and knowledge of business and economics. It is wide used by the insurance industry and financial institutions.
To be a certified actuary, you’ll need to further your studies by taking professional exams which could take between 6-10 years in total.
Besides that, studying Actuarial Science allows you to make real life applications with great impact. You’ll also be able to make a difference to the world through numbers and risk management.
2) What You Need To Know About Actuarial Science Scholarships
- Many are offered by institutions and private companies
- Most are merit-based with no interview required
3) List of Institutions & Scholarships for Actuarial Science
Here is a comprehensive list of all the available Actuarial Science scholarships offered by institutions, companies, GLCs and associations in Malaysia, and how you can apply for them.
Most Actuarial Science scholarships are offered by institutions. However, many insurance companies & financial institutes offer scholarships with a bond period which you’ll need to serve after you graduate. Besides that, applications deadlines are spread throughout the year so you have many to choose from depending on your study timeline.
|Name of Scholarship||Key Highlights||Deadline|
|Petronas Education Sponsorship Programme||- Open to students who want to pursue their studies at Universiti Teknologi Petronas or overseas|
- Open to students with strong leadership skills and active in extra-curricular activities