Compare Top ACCA Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best ACCA universities in Malaysia and use our ACCA course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 6 colleges and universities offering 6 ACCA Courses.
Subang Jaya, Selangor
A pioneer in pre-university education
Quest International University (QIU)
Jan, Apr, Jul, Sep
UOW Malaysia KDU College
FAQs about Studying an ACCA Qualification in Malaysia
ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountant, a global accounting body that is recognised in over 180 countries.
This qualification consists of a series of professional examinations that you will need to pass. With ACCA, you will gain relevant technical knowledge in the fields of accounting and finance.
Upon completion of ACCA, you will be a Chartered Certified Accountant, which will give extra assurance to employers (and clients) about your skills in accounting and finance.
To pursue an ACCA qualification, the typical entry requirements are:
- A-Level: Minimum of 2Es + 3 credits in SPM, including English & Maths; or
- STPM: Minimum of 2Cs + 3 credits in SPM, including English & Maths; or
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum of ATAR 70 + 5 credits in SPM, including English & Maths; or
- UEC: 5Bs including English & Maths; or
- Certified Accounting Technician (CAT): Pass all required papers
That said, there are many pathways that can lead you to an ACCA qualification. Check out our ACCA Course Guide for more information.
An ACCA qualification is usually between 3 to 5.5 years long, depending on which pathway you choose.
You can choose to take a Foundation / Pre-U course, Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) or Accounting Degree before taking the ACCA qualification.
Upon completing an ACCA qualification and acquiring the required years of practical experience, you will become a Chartered Certified Accountant.
Once you complete an ACCA qualification, you can consider the following job options:
- Tax Consultant
- Research Analyst
- Financial Accountant
- Investment Banker
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s ACCA qualification accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Some institutions offer part-time classes for ACCA, while others only offer full-time. Does the university offer what you are looking for?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond university?
Not sure if studying an ACCA qualification is right for you? Check out some of these useful articles that may help you:
- Your Guide to Studying ACCA in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
- 7 Reasons a Professional Accounting Qualification Is Worth Your Time and Money
Not sure if you should study Diploma, A-Level, Foundation in Science, or some other Pre-University course to get to an ACCA qualification? Take our Course Recommender Quiz and get a recommendation in 3 minutes!