Methodist College Kuala Lumpur (MCKL)
Small classes for more personalised attention
Excellent track record of 98% pass rate
Students gain admission to world-renowned universities
#1. About MCKL
Methodist College Kuala Lumpur (MCKL) is a non-profit driven private college developed in the year 1983 by the Methodist Council of Education.
After several shifts, it is now located in Brickfields, a rapidly growing city and a melting pot of history and culture that’s situated right on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur city centre.
Known for its affordable prices and generous scholarship schemes, the college offers various pre-university courses such as A Level and AUSMAT. Other programmes offered include the American Degree Transfer Program (ADTP), Early Childhood Education (Diploma) and Professional Accounting Programmes (CAT & ACCA).
As of today, students at Methodist College have been accepted into many top-ranked universities abroad including New York University, Yale University, University of Oxford and University of Cambridge.
MCKL Ranking & Reputation
Over the years, students at MCKL have achieved spectacular results in pre-university courses such as AUSMAT and A-Level. In June 2018, MCKL’s A-Level students achieved a whopping 100% passing rate.
It is also rated ‘Tier 5 (Excellent)‘ by the Ministry of Education (MyQuest 2016/2017). Among other awards that students have achieved are the Special Certificate of Distinction and the Special Course and Subject Award for various AUSMAT subjects.
#2. Why Choose MCKL
Outstanding Passing Rate
Students from MCKL consistently achieve 97% to 99% passing rate for all pre-university courses
Strong University Placement
Many students from MCKL have gone on to place at top-ranked universities abroad, such as Cambridge & Yale
Emphasis on holistic development, with students performing community service for non-profit organisations
Popular Courses at MCKL
Methodist College Kuala Lumpur is situated at Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur. It is within walking distance to KL Sentral, a major transport hub that connects many buses and trains. Next to the college is also a monorail station, making it extremely convenient for students to travel around and to get to KL City Centre.
In its vicinity are also many amenities and conveniences, including coffee shops, restaurants, banks and malls.
- Public Transport: Accessible via Tun Sambanthan monorail station and a 10-minute walk from KL Sentral (LRT,MRT, KTM). RapidKL and taxis are available to travel to and from campus.
- Parking: Students either park outside the premise of the college or they can opt to get a monthly pass at Vista Sentral underground parking.
As there’s no on-campus accommodation, you may choose to stay at the following options:
- Villa Scott: This accommodation is for both male-only and female-only students and is a mere 8 minutes walk away from the campus. Here, students can choose from single, twin sharing or triple sharing rooms.
- Scott Sentral: This accommodation is only for females and is located only 10 minutes away from campus. Students can choose from single, twin sharing or triple sharing rooms.
- 633 Residency: This accommodation is for both male-only and female-only students and is an 8-minute walk from the campus. Students can choose from single, twin sharing or quadruple sharing rooms.
All units are fully furnished with the basic necessities such as washing machine, refrigerator, lockers and water filter. Each student will also be supplied with a single bed with mattress, a work table, chair, wardrobe and a bookshelf. Students may use the facilities available such as the swimming pool, gym and sauna room.
#5. MCKL Scholarships
Here are some of the scholarships offered by MCKL.
|Name of Scholarship||Study Area||Key Highlights||Deadline|
|Methodist College Merit Scholarship||A-Level, AUSMAT, American Degree Transfer Program, CAT, Early Childhood Education, ACCA||- Up to 100% tuition fee waiver|
- First-come-first-served basis
|Methodist College Special Scholarship||All except ACCA||- Up to 100% tuition |
- For students affiliated with the Methodist Churches or High Schools / Siblings of MCKL students