- Ranked 59th in the world for Mechanical Engineering (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023)
- Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) and Engineers Australia
- Bachelor of Engineering at Monash has a common first year, allowing you to experience a range of disciplines before deciding on a specialisation
- A member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight (Go8) and the first foreign university campus in Malaysia
In the Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours) program, the common first year lays a foundation in the basic sciences of mathematics, physics and chemistry and introduces the disciplines available to you for further studies. You'll learn to apply your developing math and science knowledge to real-life engineering problems and begin to understand the interaction between engineering and society. When your mechanical engineering specialisation begins at level two of the course, it focuses on engineering practice and the engineering sciences. At level three, your studies are extended to a professional level and you're encouraged to learn independently by using the wide range of learning resources available to you. At level four, you'll undertake an independent full-year project in an area of personal interest. The results of this project are presented and examined by thesis. In addition, you'll complete one professional practice and one design core unit plus three engineering electives offering scope for specialisation. An interfaculty business unit completes the final level.
- Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY)*: 76.25%
- A Level GCE: 11 points
- ATAR: 85 (applicable for 2023 intakes only)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB Diploma Program): 31
- STPM, Malaysia: 9.4 points
- UEC, Malaysia: <=3
- Program Matrikulasi (Matriculation Program), Malaysia: 3.17 points
- Foundation in Science and Technology, Sunway College: 77.5%
*The undergraduate entry requirements published are for students who commence the MUFY program in 2022. In addition, Mathematics (Australian Higher Year 12 equivalent) and at least one of Chemistry or Physics (Australian Year 12 equivalent) are formal prerequisites for the Bachelor of Engineering.
Application fees (non-refundable)
Other miscellaneous fees
Discounts & scholarships
Total payable amount
You save RM400 when you apply with EduAdvisor!