- Learn the science of how food and nutrients affect growth and development on the human body
- Work with peers in Medicine, Pharmacy and Counselling to develop an integrated approach towards disease prevention and a healthy community
- A member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight (Go8) and the first foreign university campus in Malaysia
- Enhance your international perspective by studying at Monash campuses in Australia or spend a semester abroad at one of over 100 partner universities in 30 countries
This course comprises 144 points, distributed across four themes:
A. Foundation of medical, food and nutrition sciences:
Through these studies, students will be introduced to the fundamental concepts of medical, food and nutritional sciences. The inter-related units will assist the students in understanding the human body, and subsequently comprehending critical principles in human nutrition and food science. These studies form the basis for a deeper understanding of other themes in this program.
B. Nutrition and health:
Through these studies, the students will be able to determine the social and behavioural aspects that affect individuals, communities and populations. They will consider the broad aspect of religion, culture and political belief within a community. The students will also be exposed to a greater understanding of the nutritional needs and issues of specific groups. Besides, they will also learn about the roles of nutrition in the context of human health and diseases.
C. Nutritional professional and skills development:
Through these studies, the students will develop professional ethics and values related to nutrition practices. This includes learning communication skills, critical thinking, technical and research skills. Specifically, they will learn the development and potential application of scientific and technical skills in promoting good health and develop competency in assessing the nutritional status of individuals, groups and communities. The students will also learn the necessary skills for safe food preparation and service.
D. Research and practice in nutrition:
These studies revolve around the application of the acquired knowledge and skills in actual nutrition practice. The students will learn interviewing and counselling skills and public health nutrition principles and practices. They will also learn how to design and implement nutrition intervention activities and programs in the community. Nutrition internships will provide an opportunity to gain practical experience in real-life settings, as it will enable students to understand the role of nutritionists within the context of the healthcare system, community and/or workplace.
- Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY)*: 72.5%
- A Level GCE: 8 points
- ATAR: 75
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB Diploma Program): 26
- STPM, Malaysia: 7.9 points
- UEC, Malaysia: <=5
- Program Matrikulasi (Matriculation Program), Malaysia: 2.33 points
- Foundation in Science and Technology, Sunway College: 65%
*The undergraduate entry requirements published are for students who commence the MUFY program in 2022.
Prerequisites: Two of the following subjects at Australian Year 12 equivalent:
- Higher level Mathematics or Physics
Application fees (non-refundable)
Other miscellaneous fees
Discounts & scholarships
Total payable amount
You save RM400 when you apply with EduAdvisor!