- Explore the fundamental principles of how media shape the ways human beings relate to one another
- Flexibility to take units from another discipline within Arts and Social Sciences or from another school such as Business or IT with 8 free electives
- A member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight (Go8) and the first foreign university campus in Malaysia
- Enhance your international perspective by studying at Monash campuses in Australia or spend a semester abroad at one of over 100 partner universities in 30 countries
There are five majors you can choose from in the Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences program. Each major provides a unique perspective on the world and can lead to a variety of career paths.
- Film, Television, and Screen Studies
- Global Studies
- Gender Studies
Additionally, you're required to take a minor to complement your major. As with the arts and social sciences major, you can also choose to do a second minor. The majors listed above can double up as minors if you did not choose them as your majors, or you can opt to pursue the following minors:
- Public Relations
In the Communication major, you will explore the fundamental principles of how media shape the ways human beings relate to one another. With a strong digital focus, this major exposes you to the inner workings of the media, and teaches you to look beneath the surface to understand how media change is connected to broader cultural, political, and socio-economic changes. In the first year, you will take gateway units providing introductory approaches to media and communication studies, and learn about the social impacts of past and present media technologies. During second year, you will gain a grasp of the concepts and theories needed to research and analyse media change. In final year, you will study the key debates shaping media policies across the world, and undertake a research project to understand the intricate workings of social media platforms. As a communication graduate, you can expect to have gained the skills to think critically about media and society, to have mastered the management and execution of research projects in groups and individually, and to have a firm grasp of how to use a range of media forms, including films, photographs, websites, essays and reports, and oral presentations, for successful public communication.
- Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY)*: 60%
- A Level GCE: 7 points
- ATAR: 70
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB Diploma Program): 25
- STPM, Malaysia: 7.3 points
- UEC, Malaysia: <=6
- Program Matrikulasi (Matriculation Program), Malaysia: 2 points
- Foundation in Science and Technology, Sunway College: 60%
- Foundation in Arts, Sunway College: 60%
*The undergraduate entry requirements published are for students who commence the MUFY program in 2022.
Application fees (non-refundable)
Other miscellaneous fees
Discounts & scholarships
Total payable amount
You save RM400 when you apply with EduAdvisor!
Up to RM24,000