Premier non-profit college in Penang
Pioneer of pre-university programmes, especially A-Level and SACE International
Strong reputation, with a rating of Tier 5 (Excellent) by the Ministry of Education
What You Need to Know about DISTED College
DISTED College is a premier not-for-profit private college owned by the Wawasan Education Foundation. Founded in 1985 as Penang’s very first private tertiary institution, DISTED is committed to providing education and training to young students to serve the needs of industry and community.
The college operates from two exquisite heritage properties — the Yeap Chor Ee Heritage Campus that sits elegantly amongst the tree-lined Macalister Road and the DISTED School of Hospitality Management located at the Wawasan City Campus on China Street Ghaut within UNESCO World Heritage City of George Town.
DISTED College offers a wide range of high quality industry-relevant programmes, from Pre-University level to Bachelor Degrees, as well as Professional Qualifications in Business, Hospitality, Psychology, Computing & IT, Multimedia and Accounting.
DISTED College Ranking & Reputation
With a stellar reputation for providing high quality programmes as well as having an excellent education experience, Disted College is rated Tier 5: Excellent by the Malaysian Quality Evaluation System for Private Colleges (MYQUEST) 2016/2017.
Why Choose DISTED College
Dual Award Diploma Programmes
Along with DISTED’s Diploma, you can obtain an additional BTEC Higher National Diploma (UK-awarded) that’ll equip you with practical, real-world skills and knowledge to give you an edge over your peers!
Approved & Accredited by MOHE and MQA
All programmes at DISTED are approved by Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), so you can be assured of the quality of the courses and teaching.
Pioneer of Pre-University Programmes
DISTED has been successfully conducting the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE International) programme since 1987; and the Cambridge A-Level programme since 1995.
Popular Courses at DISTED College
DISTED college is made up of two campuses. The Yeap Chor Ee Heritage Campus that sits elegantly amongst the tree-lined Macalister Road, houses mixed modern and heritage buildings in a very green setting. The DISTED School of Hospitality Management is located at the Wawasan City Campus on China Street Ghaut in the heritage enclave of UNESCO World Heritage City of George Town.
- Public Transport: Accessible via buses
- Shuttle Bus: Free college shuttle between DISTED College and Ferry Terminal, Weld Quay and SPACE Student Residence
- Parking: There are ample parking areas available on campus
(a) Off-campus accommodation
There’s no on-campus available. However, you my choose to stay at:
- King Street (SPACE): The 5-storey student residence (SPACE) at King’s Street is located strategically in the heritage enclave of Georgetown.It’s fully furnished with facilities such as air-conditioned bedrooms complete with beds, mattresses, wardrobes, study tables and chairs and free internet service. There’s also refrigerator, laundry and cooking facilities with in-house security guards and building management.
- Services and amenities like banks, clinics, restaurants, convenience stores and coffee shops are also within the vicinity. Students can travel to campus with the free shuttle bus service provided.