Compare Top Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best colleges that offer Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance courses in Malaysia and use our Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location and intake.
There are 2 colleges and universities offering 2 Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Courses.
ADMAL Aviation College
FAQs about Studying Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance in Malaysia
Aircraft maintenance is the inspection, repair, restoration or modification of aircrafts or components of an aircraft.
Aircraft maintenance focuses on the importance of keeping aircraft systems at a functional, and above all, safe standard as determined by bodies such as the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO). The field of aircraft maintenance is highly regulated as a small mistake could cause the malfunction of an aircraft and could very well lead to loss of life.
A Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance will teach you the essentials of aircraft systems and maintenance procedures. You will learn how to troubleshoot, inspect and assemble aircrafts, and how to properly maintain and repair the different parts of an aircraft.
A Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance requires at least 3 credits (C and above) at SPM, O-Level or equivalent, including a credit in Mathematics and one Science Subject.
For UEC students, you will need to have minimum of 3Bs including Mathematics and one Science subject, plus a pass in English.
To pursue a Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the college or university.
A Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance is typically 2 years long. Usually, another 2 years of working experience is required upon completion of the diploma.
Upon completing a Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance, you will have several options:
- Enter the workforce immediately; or
- Pursue a Degree in Aircraft Maintenance, entering in Year 2
Once you complete a Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance, you can consider the following job options:
- Avionics Maintenance Technician
- Aviation Machinists
- Aerospace Engineers
- Aviation Maintenance Inspector
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right college or university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the college or university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond college / university?
Struggling to make a decision? Check out these 5 steps to finding the college that suits you best.
If you’re not sure whether studying a Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance is right for you, here are some articles that may help:
- Your Guide to Studying Aircraft Maintenance in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)