Celebrate International Accounting Day 2023 With Taylor’s Inter-School Competition and Win a Share of RM10,000* in Cash Prizes
Interested in the world of accounting? Register before 1 August and win cash prizes for flexing your accounting skills and knowledge at Taylor’s.
Updated 12 Sep 2023
Are you an SPM, IGCSE or STPM student who is interested in accounting? Thinking of becoming a professional accountant and curious to learn more about the field? How about getting an introductory insight into the field while winning a cash prize at the same time?
Well, here’s your opportunity to do just that.
In conjunction with Taylor’s International Accounting Day 2023 (TIAD), Taylor’s College is organising an Inter-School Competition where you will get to discover insider tips from accounting professionals, participate in an inter-school accounting competition and stand a chance to win a share of RM10,000* in cash prizes.
Interested to know more? We’ve got all the details here.
When and where?
- Registration closes: 1 August 2023
- Preliminary (online): 12 – 14 August 2023
- Semi-final and grand final at Taylor’s Lakeside Campus: 7 October 2023
- Venue: Online and on-campus at Taylor’s Lakeside Campus, Subang Jaya
What you should know
Thinking of joining? Here are some things you want to take note of:
- The competition is free and open to all Malaysian and non-Malaysian SPM (Form 4 and Form 5), IGCSE (Year 10 and Year 11), STPM (Form 6) and UEC (SM2 and SM3) and students.
- Each team must include 5 students from the same school. There is no limit to the number of teams one school can send. However, a teacher advisor can only oversee a maximum of 2 teams and all teams must come with a teacher advisor.
- Make sure to register by 1 August 2023 to qualify for the competition.
- The prizes are as below:
- Champion: RM 5,000 and Certificate of Achievement
- 1st Runner-up: RM 3,000 and Certificate of Achievement
- 2nd Runner-up: RM 1,000 and Certificate of Achievement
- 2 x Honourable Mention: RM500 and Certificate of Achievement
How the competition will look like
Preliminary Round: 12 – 14 August (online)
- In this round, all participants must complete a list of 50 multiple-choice questions within one hour using the TIMeS Platform.
- The top 20 groups with the highest average score will move on to the semi-final.
- The top groups will be notified through email on 21 August.
- As part of the next stage, participants will receive a case study on 27 August, ahead of the semi-final round.
Semi-final Round: 7 October (Taylor’s Lakeside Campus)
- During the semi-final, participants will be given 10 minutes to present their case study.
- The top 5 groups will advance to the grand final.
Grand Final Round: 7 October (Taylor’s Lakeside Campus)
- For this round, participants will receive another case study.
- Each team will be given 45 minutes to discuss and develop a solution to the scenario provided and 10 minutes to present their case study.
Why should you join?
The TIAD Inter-School Competition is a great opportunity for you to:
- Get an insight into the world of accounting and decide for yourself if it’s for you
- Learn to apply analytical and communication skills to solve real-life business problems
- Discover insider tips from accounting professionals
- Stand a chance to win a share of RM10,000 up to RM5,000 in cash prizes* and get a Certificate of Achievement when you win the competition
This is your chance to connect with field experts, find like-minded peers and join an accounting competition where you can practice and flex your accounting skills.